Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Daisy!

Note: Thank you for the support on this story so far. Codie and I love seeing the responses and we freak out every time we facetime to plan out another chapter of the story. The excitement and scary parts of the story are coming soon, so stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment if you're enjoying the story! :)

Enjoy!

Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Daisy!

Daisy didn't want a party. Her parents thought it strange considering she was turning 16. They thought she should have one. When Daisy told Kevin, he insisted on giving her a party anyway.

His exact words were, "You want a party. Everyone wants a party when they turn 16."

He didn't let her say no. He took over the planning and kept in contact with her parents to finalize the plans. She didn't want to create an argument and she couldn't tell them why she didn't want a party. She had to act like they convinced her a party would be fun.

Daisy learned a new side of Kevin as he planned her party. He took control of everything. He wanted a large house party. His friend offered his house and Kevin invited everyone from school. Daisy did not like it. He bragged about the party at school, hoping word of mouth would get more people to show up. They thanked her for having a party. It was absurd. It didn't feel like it was about her. Maybe it was selfish, she thought, but she wanted a little attention on her birthday. She felt upset by it and torn because sometimes Kevin was not so bad. Until this party, him being clingy did not seem like a bad thing. They even had a few things in common. She enjoyed talking to him. If she wasn't using him to date Brandon, she could see them being friends. Now she did not want anything to do with him.

The day before her birthday and the party, Daisy could not get away from Kevin to talk to Laura. Kevin waited for her by the school doors. She smiled and let him put his arm around her. She listened as he talked about how excited he was for her party. She thought they would go their separate ways to get their books for class, but he followed her. She shrugged his arm off, but he took it as a sign to hold her hand. She wanted to yell at him.

"I have to talk to Laura," she told him, knowing class would start in a few minutes. "I haven't talked to her in a couple days."

"Why don't we go together?" he asked. "I can ask if she is coming to the party."

"She is," Daisy insisted, "but it's a best friend thing. I'll see you later."

"Okay," he said, "but I'll walk you to your second class."

Daisy forced a smile. "Okay."

She found Laura down the hall, took her hand, and dragged her down the hall and to the front doors of the school. She could not do this. Daisy did not want to see him after her first class. The last thing she wanted was Kevin clinging to her like he owned her.

"What's wrong?" Laura asked, "You look like you're going to pass out."

"Maybe," Daisy told her.

"So, what is it?" she asked.

"Kevin will not leave me alone. I told him I wanted to talk to you and he almost came with me. He's hardly let me be alone since he started planning my party. He came to my house last night, had dinner with my parents, and I barely got away long enough to leave Brandon a note. Kevin didn't leave until after 10 o'clock."

"What are you going to do?"

Daisy replied quickly. "Would I be terrible if I skipped school today?"

Laura shook her head. "I will skip with you."

"Really?" Daisy's eyes practically smiled, and they matched her lips. She could not remember the last time she spent quality time with Laura. As the only person who accept her, and accepted Brandon, she needed a day to have fun with her best friend.