Chapter 13: How Do You Hide The Truth?

Note: Here is chapter 13! We hope you enjoy it!

And thank you for all the support on the story! As soon as I get a comment or message about it, I send it to Codie and we freak out. xD

Chapter 13: How Do You Hide The Truth?

Kevin forcing Daisy to go on a date is one thing, but he took it a step far. Kevin failed to tell Daisy where he wanted to take her, even when he showed up to her house. He picked her up and drove straight to the bowling alley.

"What are we doing here?" Daisy asked him.

"This is where I'm taking you on our date," Kevin said. "What? You don't like bowling?"

Daisy got a weird feeling in her stomach when Kevin said that. He looked genuinely excited. He grabbed her hand when they walked in and would not stop smiling. It made Daisy feel uncomfortable because he did not usually smile that much. He went to pick up shoes for them while Daisy looked around for Brandon. She knew he was working tonight. She hoped he did not leave the back room and see her here with Kevin. She wished she had time to warn him.

Kevin brought her shoes and they settled in their seats on the fifth lane where Kevin's friends were already waiting. She did not know they were coming. He even invited Laura. Laura sat away from the others, so Daisy took the seat next to her.

"What's going on?" she whispered to Laura. "When did this become a group date?"

Laura shrugged. "He called me last night," she told Daisy. "You didn't know?"

Daisy shook her head. "Do you think he knows?" she asked Laura, "It can't be a coincidence that he chose here, can it?"

"I doubt it's a coincidence," Laura said, "but I wouldn't confess to it, either."

"So, what do I do?"

"Finish the date, and hope you know who doesn't get too mad when he sees you with Kevin."

Daisy felt uncomfortable during the entire date. Kevin's friends were funny, which made it easier to handle. They even had Laura laughing. Daisy found herself enjoying that part. They were just a group of people bowling and making jokes. Then Laura had to leave, then Kevin's friends, and it left Daisy with Kevin. Normally she wouldn't mind being alone with him, but as soon as they were alone Kevin started acting different. He kept looking around like he was searching for someone.

"Who are you looking for?" Daisy finally asked him, "Or do you have to leave?"

"No one," he answered. "I'm just looking around at everything. Are you having a good time?" Kevin moved to sit closer to her. He put his hand on her knee, which Daisy was quick to take off. She looked towards the back door but did not see Brandon.

Daisy nodded. "Yes, it's been great. Your friends are funny."

"They're amazing," he said. "What do you want to do now? We could play another game or get something to eat?"

He moved his hand back to her knee again. He's been acting clingier lately, and she hated it. She tried to remove his hand again, but he put his arm around her instead. His opposite hand took the spot on her knee where she just removed his hand. What was he doing? Did he forget they were in public? She took his hand off and stood up.