Aftermath

Leah's POV:
After running away from Jungkook, I found myself sitting in a cafe downtown. I have my hood pulled right over my head and slightly covering my eyes.

I grabbed a fresh cup of tea. I'd just been staring down at the substance, my hands feeling the heat of the cup, lost in my thoughts.

I felt dead. Used and manipulated. Annoyed with myself too. Just thinking about him makes me angry and sad at the same time.

When I saw him, part of me wanted to push him so hard and tell him how wrong he was, but part me didn't. Part of me wanted to stay and hug him. His face was pained and I couldn't stand it, but why?

"I thought I'd find you here"
I look up only to see the jacket I knew too well.
"Hey Tae.." I say lowly.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, he's tryna distract me.
"Good. You?" He just nods in response.

We sat in silence and I took a sip from my tea as he did with his coffee. You could only faintly hear the other customers talking with each other.

"Leah I think, I think you should talk to him" he said out of the blue.
I look right into his eyes then away. I'm too confused.

"I know, it's hurts. But why don't you hear him out? Maybe there is an explanation" he sighs, uncertainty in his voice.

"Tae you saw exactly what I saw yesterday. How is there a good explanation for it? They two were clearly....." I don't finish my sentence, you can hear my voice about to crack from tears.

He looks into my eyes. He feels bad. Maybe even disappointed in his friend.

"I get it. But I just think you two should talk it out. When you are ready of course" he smiles.
"But just think...maybe he was set up" he says, planting seeds of doubt in my head.

He suddenly stands up and holds out his other hand.

"But now cmon, we'll have a walk" he shows his genuine smile.
I feel more relaxed as I take his hand and stand up, following him out of the café.

Jimins POV:
"Emily calm down...please" I plead. She's been annoyed all morning.

At first I woke up to her in a panic because Leah wasn't home. She was gonna go look but I made Taehyung go, so I could make sure Emily was okay.

When she saw Jungkook in the living room she nearly lost it. I had to take her into my room. I'd apologised to Jungkook. Even IF he did do wrong, he's probably hurting too.

I came back in with a coffee for Emily. I sat down beside her and handed it to her.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"No.." she sighed. I rubbed her arms gently.

"He cheated on Leah, Jimin. Do you know how mad that makes me feel?" She says looking right at me.

"But Emily, what if it's all a lie?" She just looks at me.
"What do you—"
"Listen to me" I say cutting her off before sighing. "Mika of all people? Cmon Emily surely there is a hidden detail in all of this"

She just sips her coffee. "So please, don't be too hard on Jungkook okay?" I say softly.
"Hmm" she hums in response, and I sigh in relief.

~~~~~~~~~

Emily's POV:
I was busy singing and making the whole household dinner when I hear the front door slam shut. I throw the dish towel down and run to the door.

"Leah..." I say seeing her.
"Emily" she imitates me jokingly, making me smile. I go over and hug her tightly.

I look up at Tae and mouth thank you before he nods and disappears down the hall.

"I'm making a good dish, you'll love it" I say, I don't wanna bring up the situation.
"Of course, it's you who is making it" she laughs.

I walk into the kitchen and she follows behind me.
"Here could you cut up those onions for me? You know how my eyes are sensitive" I ask. She just nods and begins to cut them.

She's the only person I know who's eyes don't water while doing so.

"Leah?" I whisper, so none of the house can hear.
"Mm?" She doesn't look up.
"Look, we can sit with the others while eating or we can sit—"

"It's fine. Honestly I'll sit with everyone else" she smiles.
I give her a concerned look. "I'm fine" she reassures me.

I sigh of relief before finishing off dinner.

~~~~~~

As I sit down to eat with the rest of them,  after Jimin helped me hand out the dinner, it just became silent. Everyone was tense. You could tell they were thinking about what happened.

Leah sat beside me, and it made me feel relieved she was here, but it was weird seeing her not next to Jungkook like usual.

As she sat down, that's all he looked at. Jungkooks sad gaze was all over her, followed her into the room. Even now he's stealing glances at her, to see if she'll look back.

But she just Avoided it...

I knew deep inside it's taking every inch of her strength not to look back at him.