Chapter 4

*Gerard, Josephs' wolf Above*

The next morning I decided to get an early start and go meet the newcomers in town. I headed down for breakfast that because I was in a hurry, I had some staff prepare this morning. Typically I cook my own breakfast, it gives me something to do for myself and I enjoy it. After I had finished my meal and cleaned the mess. I proceeded back to my room and lay out some clothes for later. See I had planned on just driving over to the new family and greeting them but Gerard wants to go for a run...that wolf I swear he has to make it complicated. "I do not I need to run and besides what if SHE is out there and my sense of smell is way better than that snout you call a nose!" he says then stomps off into the back of my head whilst I finish getting ready. "My snout- er... nose works just fine thank you and if SHE is out there I would be able to smell her too!" I quickly say before closing him off and heading to brush my teeth and do my daily routine. Once I've finished I grab my clothes and put them in a bag ( as I'll be in wolf form going to their home and will need these later) and I slip on my boxers as I head for the door. "I'm gone  I'll return later this evening!" I shout to Kevin as he is in his office. " Alright, if you're sure you won't need me to go along with you-" I cut him off ..."I'll be fine Kevin Thank you."  As walk out the door Shifting into my wolf I pick up my bag with my mouth and head for town. I decide to take the the scenic route along the river, it is so beautiful this time of year with all the snow on the ground. Once I arrive by the river I take in a drink and rest for a minute until I hear someone or something coming. I don't know who or what it is but if its a human I need to lay low and stay out of sight. I slink away from the rivers edge and hide behind trees. I know , I know... you're a wolf attack them! That's not how I was raised believe it or not. I need to go over the situation and see whats going on. Once I'm hidden I crouch down so that I may see what is there. "Gerard? What's going on? Calm down!"I say to him as he's begun getting antsy and pacing back and forth in my head giving me a headache. "Calm Down! You don't smell that?!" he nearly yells at me. I was so concentrated on being hidden I hid my own scent and forgot to sniff my surroundings. Suddenly I smell it... the most intoxicating smell I'd ever come across in my life. I was drooling at the smell of Maple and chocolate. Then I see who or I should say what was putting off that heavenly scent. The most stunningly beautiful white wolf I'd ever laid eyes on! "MATE!! JOSEPH, SHE'S OUR MATE!! WE'VE FOUND HER!!!" He shouts excitedly at me. My mate, at last I found her. why hasn't she seen or smelled me yet? "Duh! Because we masked out scent genius! Unmask it I want to meet her!!" Gerard all but demands at me. "Not yet I'd like to just admire her for a moment Gerard." I calmly tell him. Even though we are in wolf form I am still in control. He will not make a move unless I allow him to. Look at her so beautiful as she  drinks from the river. Moon Goddess I can't thank you enough for granting me this beauty. I then remember I have a duty to fulfill and that it means I have to leave my mate unattended. "THOSE HUMANS CAN WAIT JOE! OUR MATE IS HERE AND WE DON'T WANT TO LOOSE HER AGAIN!! PLEASE UNMASK OUR SCENT SO SHE SMELLS US!" He anxiously begs me. "Okay, But after we must meet the family, if we must put it off for tomorrow then it will be done then." I tell him to calm him down. As I am get ready to unmask my scent I see my beautiful mate move back from the water. It looks as if she's about to shift- "Out here!?! She'll Freeze Joseph!! Do something!" Gerard shouts. She shifts into a gorgeous woman before I can get to her. I'm stopped in my tracks when I see she is naked. She had the most beautiful red hair, curves in all the right places, eyes that would pierce your soul, she was tall and had legs for days. Her breasts nice and supple, if I had to guess I'd say a D at least. I see her walk closer to the rivers edge again and suddenly I'm fighting with Gerard for control. "Joseph- MATE NEEDS US! Get her away from the water!! She could get hurt. If you don't- " I block him off  and begin to shift into my human form allowing my scent to be released. as I stand to dress my self I step back onto a few branches causing my mate to be alerted at the sound. She stands up all to fast and when she steps back she slips on a rock falling into the icy river. "SHIT!" I curse as I run towards her jumping in the river myself pulling her to the bank. This time of year luckily the river isn't to deep. So grabbing her was easy. I scooped her up in my arms allowing my warmth to warm her as well. She hit her head pretty hard and is out cold. " Please wake up darlin'" I say to her. "Kevin! Get the doctor and meet me by the river near the falls." I mind-link him. " Yes Alpha, is everything ok? The Doctor and I are on the way." I hear him say . I want to tell him I've found her, I've found my mate after all the years, but I don't know if she'll want me. " Of course she will, her wolf already loves us Joe. She will too!" I hear Gerard chime in. "And just why are you talking to her wolf before I can even speak to her?" I question. " You took to long and I was getting impatient!" he says like the smart-ass he is.

The doctor arrives with Kevin and..."Maci?" I look at her confused for a moment then realizing I still have my mate in my arms. Growling at anyone who tries to approach us. "Alpha, Doctor Keryn will look over her its ok." Maci calmly speaks to me. " Maci, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Kevin said I needed to come, he had a feeling his mate could help. So... here I am!" she cheerfully states. "Thank you Kevin." I say as I release my mate from my grasp allowing the doctor to look her over. " No problem buddy, lets get her out of this cold. I'll notify the Sanders family that we will come tomorrow and that urgent matters have come up." Kevin looks at me as if he knows. "It's her....isn't it ?" Maci questions with hope in her eyes. All I could say as I ran my hand across her cheek and down her arm was... "Yes." 

I finally found my mate and it's my fault she's hurt. "I don't even know her name, what kind of first impression am I making?" I say out loud. " The one where you are showing you cared enough to immediately help her, by doing the right thing and calling for help. She doesn't even know your name so that makes you even." Maci states. "She's the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. Now if I could just see her eyes..." I trail off. Once the doctor looks over her she comes to me " Alpha I've given her some pain meds, as she took a nasty fall but see no signs of trauma. She should wake in a few hours. You may stay while she rests if you wish. Please don't hesitate to call me should you need anything." Keryn says to me. " Thank you Keryn, you're dismissed." I kindly reply back as she walks to the door. " Oh and Alpha? congratulations on finding our Luna Queen and your mate." she says as she shuts the door behind her. "I'll stay with her Alpha so when she wakes up she won't freak out about a random male hovering over her. I promise I will link you the second she wakes." Maci says as calmly as possible because she knows I nor my wolf will want to leave her, but she is right. I don't want to frighten her so I will go shower and eat and make a few calls before checking on her again. "Thank you, Maci" I say with a kind smile. Kevin kisses his mate and walks out of the room to attend to some business and before I leave I lean down kissing my mate on her cheek causing tingles to spread thru my lips. I then head for the door  and just before I leave I turn to say " If anything happens plea-" I'm cut off by Maci. " I will notify you the second she is awake Joe. Go on I promise to keep her safe." She smiles warmly at me as I close the door behind me. 

I slip into the shower washing the day away from me with a smile on my face and my heart fuller than it has ever been. I FINALLY found my mate and she's everything I could imagine and more. I just hope she accepts me for who I am. She's the first white wolf I've seen in 15 yrs... she has my heart and I will move heaven and earth for her.... MY MATE.

* Another chapter down. Next chapter will be in Ariellas POV* thank you again!