Chapter 9

*Josephs home above*

Josephs POV

2 p.m. FINALLY finished up with my work for the day. I hate that I was unable to get over to Ariella at the promised time. I woke up late simply due to me not being able to sleep well. It's the mate bond I just know it is. The stronger the bond gets the more we want to or need to be near one another. After I left her home last night and arrived back at mine I proceeded to have a drink and then shower. The way she teased me with her not having bottoms under her clothing, Gerard and I fought hard to resist the urge to mark and take her right then. One thing's for sure, the moon goddess truly blessed me with the most beautiful mate I could have ever asked for. I had to work a little later than expected because I had a hard time sleeping last night and didn't fall asleep until 3 am. I called Ariellas mother letting her know of my tardiness ahead of time and that I would be over as soon as I finished up. I head to my room to get dressed for my outing with my mate. As soon as I'm ready I call Kevin, my beta, " Hi Kevin, I'm heading off to Ariellas and intend on being gone until day after tomorrow. Could you handle the duties for me ?" I ask him. " HEY Alp-Joseph Yea sure I'm on it. Don't worry I'll take care of everything, you go spend time with your mate." He replies. " Oh and Joseph? " "Yea Kevin?" " Tell the Luna we say hello!" He says before hanging up.

Getting into my Jeep, I head over to my mates home. After about 15 minutes I park my Jeep and walk up to the door. I begin to knock when Kate opened the door, "Alpha, please come in." She gestures towards the living room. "Kate, please call me Joseph. I am your daughters mate. I hope to one day be your son in law." I state to her. Looking around I don't spot Ariella anywhere. " Kate, where is Ariella?" I ask a little concerned of my mates whereabouts. " OH! Alph-Joseph she went to her room after reading and waiting for your arrival, in which I gave her your message, she must have taken that nap she was fighting to stay away from. The poor thing , she had a rough night." she says to me.  My mate is napping? " Why would she be napping? She was asleep when we left her. Rough night? Is she ill? Must see mate!! We need to check on her!" Gerard says to me with panic in his voice. " I agree Gerard, calm down we will get to the bottom of this." I say to him. "Kate, you mind if I check on her? My wolf is a little worried for her and I don't know if he'd take someone else checking on her right now." I ask. "Absolutely, go on up, you know where to go." She smiles at me. 

As I get to Ariellas door I hear her steady breathing telling me she is asleep.  I open her door slowly and shutting it softly behind me once I'm in the room. "Our mate looks fine. Why is she sleeping?" Gerard asks me. " I don't know but I could watch her sleep all day. She's stunning and you're right she looks fine. I wonder why she had a rough night?" I say. I sit down next to her in her bed and gently brush her hair off of her face. I run my fingers along her jaw line and make my way to her plump lips. I run my thumb across her lips and lean down placing a kiss on her lips. She began to stir and when she opened her eyes showing me her beautiful eyes, my heart swelled the moment she smiled back at me. " Hey there beautiful." I say to her with the biggest smile on my face. "Mmmmm Hey you..." She says sleepily. " I'm so sorry I didn't make it to you sooner love. I didn't sleep well last night and when I did finally fall asleep, I overslept and caused me to fall behind." I tell her. " You too? " she asks me. " You didn't sleep well either? " Shaking my head no " No why do you ask?" I say. "Well, I woke up not long after you left because I felt cold and empty... I tossed and turned all night finally giving up around 5 am and started my day." she says to me.My mate didn't sleep, I couldn't sleep... " I'm sorry love, I think its the bond we as mates share. It will continue to get stronger the more we are with each other. And with me being the Alpha King its much stronger." I cup her face in my hand putting my forehead against hers. " Well, you're here now. What should we do for the remainder of the day? It's already...3 p.m.!!! Holy biscuits I slept for 4 hours!" She suddenly slings the throw blanket off of her allowing me to get a look at what she was wearing. She stood up straightening her white sweater dress , slipping on her knee high boots, and ran to the bathroom to what I assume was to freshen up. When she emerged her hair was flowing down her back and she looked at me making her way over to me. I stood up  not being able to say anything. "Damn! Our mate is hot!!! She really knows how to make us sweat." Gerard states. That little horndog..." Gerard! Control yourself, we will NOT jump her here and now. That is not the way to behave. " I scold him and cut him off before he can comeback with anything smart. Looking at my mate smiling up at me " Ariella, you are simply stunning. I have never seen such beauty." I lovingly say to her. " You don't look so bad yourself stud." She blushes saying that.