Chapter 10 - Wish

Just like the previous day, Shawn knocks on Neriah’s door at exactly seven forty-five a.m. and she opens it before smiling brightly at him. She’s wearing black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt. Her thick curly hair is packed into a neat bun and there’s a little trace of make-up on her face. She has always been pleasant and mind-blowing with her looks and beholding it makes his day even better.

“Good morning, Mr Ola,” she greets, pulling closer to him. He’s wearing a strong, but real nice Cologne and all she wants to do is bury her face in his chest and leave it there.

“Good morning, princess.” He says before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her to himself. “Did you sleep well?”

She bites her lips and nod still smiling brightly at him, “Did you?”

“Hmm, of course, I did.” He takes her lips between his for a deep and sensual morning kiss. “It was the best because I dreamt of you.”

Her eyes spark with excitement. “Really? What was I doing?”

He wraps his arms around her waist, “We were talking, laughing and having the time of our lives and I kissed you, like this,” his head drops and he takes her warm lips between his for a deep kiss and this time it was more passionate than the first. 

Neriah pulls away with a shy smile on her face, “We should go or we are going to be late for both work and the leasing.”

He growls lazily, his brown eyes dropping. “I don’t care. I want to spend the day with you.”

He tries to kiss her again, but she moves her head away, “Well, I care for both our assignments and I need you to agree with me.”

He heaves a deep breath. “What other choice do I have?”

This pleases Neriah and there’s a victorious smile that charges through her face as a result, “None.”

“So do I get a kiss for that at least?”

Neriah kisses him again and almost regrets the decision because Shawn, being the wizard of intoxicating kisses, poisoned her brain and mind and she lost the power to pull away, not until he wanted them to.

“That’s not happening again,” she says and smacks his arm.

He makes a silly face, “You know you loved it.”

She rolls her eyes, but never the less her cheeks heat. “I love you, there’s a difference.”

“The same thing,” he shrugs, causing Neriah to glare at him. “You’re ready?”

She bites her lips and nods vigorously, and he stretches his hand for her to take. “How do I look?”

“Like you're looking for a home,” he teases, sticking his tongue out at her.

She slaps his hand off hers and frowns sadly, “It’s not funny you know.”

He nods, although there are still a few traces of laughter in his voice. “It’s not, I’m sorry. You look great, my love, and I was only messing around.”

Neriah takes a brief look at him. He’s wearing an ash long sleeve on black trousers. His hair is already perfect and she can tell he ran a comb through it this morning because it stands and shines bring. his shoes are black and also well-polished. He looked exquisite and painfully handsome.

“I wish I could say you looked like one looking for a job, but you’re not.”

“No, I’m not—” he opens his mouth to speak, but he shuts it when Neriah squeezes her eyes shut as though feeling an intense and drilling pain. “Are you okay?” He asks, immediately reaching out to grab and support her.