chapter 12 // obstacle number 1.

chapter 12 //

August .
I did everything in my power to make this the best night for me and Shai. This was only the beginning of our love .
I paid and left a tip for our waitress while, she tried to flirt with me but Shai wasn't letting that happen. She kissed my lips soft and slow before saying, "c'mon, babe."
she thought I didn't notice but, she rolled her eyes at the waitress before grabbing my hand to head out.
I opened her door & waited for her to get settled in before letting myself in & driving off to pick-up Aubrey.
"These Hoes Ain't Loyal ..."
I laughed as Shai sang. it was so cute how she tried to sing though she couldn't .

our night was perfect. me & shai would soon past many obstacles to be happy together and this had to be obstacle number 1.

Shai.
There was so much about August that I've always wanted in my future husband. He's wonderful with Aubrey and most of all he treats me right. I've never felt like a queen with anybody else. But, I was soon forgetting a trait.

I still had butterflies in my stomach from being just that happy on my date with August. we pulled up to August's mom's house & their was an unfamiliar car parked out front. I thought nothing of it, I missed momma's baby. August opened my door and all hell broke loose because August must haven't recognized the car either.

"August Anthony Alsina! Who the fuck is that?!", a woman screamed getting out of the car. My heart dropped & my face got hot. August knew I was mad because I froze in my tracks.
"Samatha, calm down." he yelled.

I just stood there in silence watching the whole thing. Wondering, who she was & who this little boy was standing next to her. I wasn't dumb , It had to be August's. but I wanted to act dumb because I didn't want to believe it.
"Jay, get in the car." he whispered to his son, I mean the boy. I fought myself not to believe what was happening.
i watched as he stood there watching his parents argue. he looked with so much hurt in his eyes. I couldn't stand there & let him watch this. it'll tear him up.

*Flashback*
I peaked through the front door as my mother and father argued again. I couldn't hear anything. I could just read their hands. My mom blocked my view as she backed up. she moved back until she couldn't anymore.
"Please, John. Is it worth it? Please. Please!" she screamed, not knowing "please" would be her last word.
BANG!
"Momma!" I yelled as I ran to her. I rubbed her hair and cried in her chest. I knew she was gone and there was nothing I could do. My dad, John had already made his run for it to soon be caught .
I'd never forget the way those sirens sounded the closer they got.

**
I grabbed August's son's hand as I unfroze myself and went in to get Aubrey.
"Jay, are you alright? I'm so sorry Shai. I know this is embarrassing for Jr." Momma August said handing me a sleeping Aubrey. I signaled Jay to grab one of Aubrey's bags. I didn't feel like talking to anyone but August about this. "Goodnight, Momma Aug." I waved.

August.
Back in Highschool I was dating this girl. Things went from one to another and Jay was born. I wasn't ready for no kid so, I just left. I didn't even think twice , I regretted it so much. But, I soon decided I was going to be a father to Jay since mine wasn't to me. Then, Samantha crazy ass left town when Jay was about 2. I didn't know where she was or my son.
I know I should have told Shai but, I didn't find it too important . I never expected her to just pop up one day.
This argument ended with her giving me a bag of clothes and shit as she pulled off. "damn." I looked at the car to see if Shai was looking and she was. I knew she was mad.
I told my mom I'd be over tomorrow and headed to the car. I looked back at Jay in my rearview "you good?"
"yes sir."
I looked at Shai and pulled off.

Shai.
11:00pm.
I still wasn't talking to August. It's been a hour since I've said a word to him. I was about to lock the door & turn on the alarm but I heard talking outside. I opened the door and August was talking to Jay.
I stood there in the door way & neither one of them noticed.
"I'm Sorry, Jay that I haven't been there for you." August said in a hurt voice.
"it's okay, my momma told me she didn't want me to see you. but I always forever wanted to. I wanted to know you was not dead. "
August chuckled. "I'm Alive. and yeah, your moms crazy huh? but, I'm here now & I'm not leaving."
"August .. can I say daddy?"
August picked him up and hugged him so tight. I could tell this meant a lot to August to be a father to his son. I was no longer mad I just wanted details and why he didn't tell me this story.

"yes, little man. you can call me daddy, nobody else."

----------------
10 votes = I'll go on.
PLEASE COMMENT, I WANT FEEDBACK ❤️

-Tinkerbell 💕