2. Goodbye.

POV Lotus.

It's been a week since I got taken to Alpha Rivera's pack and I was bored out of my freaking mind. I didn't expect my mate to be like this at all. Since that one night Pedro came to my room, he hasn't spoken to me at all. He made it obvious that he doesn't want me and it really got in my head. All I could think about was, why? Wasn't I good enough for him? I get that I'm not that pretty but still, am I that horrible even my soulmate doesn't want me?

Adora was withdrawn so much that I could barely feel her. All she wanted to do was be with our mate and assure him that everything would be alright. She kept telling me that he does want us because Pedro healed me. The morning I woke up, the wounds on my cheek were gone. She told me that he wouldn't be able to do that without Alpha Rivera's consent. Because it would take a lot of energy and it would cause the both of them pain.

Ava bought me some clothes and I also found out that I lost my phone. I tried mind linking Benedict but I was too far away. Which made sense because Royal Lupus pack was about six hours away from my own pack. She also questioned how I healed an injury like that in a short span of time. I just told her that Alpha Rivera healed me.

I paced in my room as Ava sat on my bed, anxiously I bit my lip while fiddling with my nails. 'Can you not?' Alpha Rivera's voice snapped, causing me to look up confused.

"Did you hear that?" I asked and Ava shook her head. I frowned to myself, I could've sworn I heard his voice.

'Stop pacing!' His voice snapped at me again.

'Huh?' I thought confused.

'Your pacing is making me anxious and I can't focus because of it.' He said annoyed.

'How did you know I was pacing?' I thought back. 'How can you even mindlink me? I'm not in your pack.'

'It's the matebond that allows me to feel what you feel and the matelink that allows me to talk to you privately.' He explained. 'Please just relax, I really need to concentrate.' With that he shut down the connection. I stopped pacing and just stood there for a few mintues before moving again. "Ava, I'm so bored!" I whined as I dropped on my bed.

"What do you want to do?" She questioned.

"I want my own clothes from home! I miss my family because I didn't get to say goodbye." I pouted at her. "And I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to go to school! I am so close to graduating and otherwise all those years would be wasted."

"Okay." She nodded before walking out.

"She's just leaving me?" I murmered, frowning at the door. I laid in silence for while before Ava came back in with Alpha Rivera trailing behind her. I quickly scrambled to my feet with my gaze on the floor.

"Go ahead!" Ava said, making me look up. "Ask her." She nudged Alpha Rivera in his side and he glared at her.

"Do you want to go home?" Alpha Rivera asked and my heart skipped a beat at the sound of his deep voice.

"I want to stay here." I said while shaking my head. I could see his surprise but he quickly covered it. Ava had a small smile on her face. She knew that I couldn't leave, even if he didn't want me. He is my mate until he rejects me formally but I prayed to the Moon Goddess it wouldn't come that far.

"Let me rephrase." He said. "Do you want to go to your old pack to say goodbye to your family?"

"Yes." I nodded. "But it's okay. I know everyone here is too busy. I'll just deal with it."

"Let's go." He stated and my eyebrows rose in shock. "Put on some shoes." He said before walking out. He's going to take me?

"What have you done?!" I exclaimed once I was sure he was out of ear shot.