13. "You need to go."

POV Lotus.

A small groan left my mouth as I opened my eyes. "Hey." A soft voice said from beside me. I turned my head to the side and saw Isaac sitting beside the bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused while sitting up a bit.

"Kind of stuck with you." He motioned to his hand to the other one that was on some kind of arm rest. But it was higher. I followed the tube that was connected to his arm and my eyes widened when I saw that it was connected with my own hand.

"Wha- Why?" I stammered, pointing back and forth to his arm and my hand.

"You lost a lot of blood and the doctor said that my arm has to be higher than your hand. Something about the blood flowing smoother." He shrugged.

"Giovanni?" I asked while tilting my head to the side.

"Over there." He pointed to the other side of the room. There was my mate, asleep in one of the hospital chairs. "I made him go to sleep."

"You, an ordinary pack member, forced Giovanni, your incredibly dominant Alpha male whose mate is hurt, to go to sleep?" I scoffed, not buying it.

"I'm not an ordinary member anymore." He chuckled. "I'm his Delta now."

"Isaac that's great!" I exclaimed and he smiled widely. "What time is it?" I questioned.

"3.20 AM." He answered. "Stupid doctor said that it would only take an hour for you to wake up. It's been about twelve hours already."

"Sorry." I chuckled, still a bit groggy.

"Isaac, I got your food." Kane said as he walked into the room.

"Kane?" I said confused. "You look like you murdered someone." I chuckled at the blood that covered his clothes.

"I had to hold you while riding his back." He smiled while handing Isaac a box of pizza.

"You let him?" I spluttered.

"You were injured." Isaac mumbled.

"So you get along because I got hurt?" I grinned.

"You act like you're glad you got hurt." Kane rolled his eyes as he sat down on the armrest of Isaac's chair.

"I'm not, I think." I shrugged. "Just glad you guys are okay and get along fine now."

"Shouldn't we wake the Alpha up?" Kane grimaced.

"We should." I nodded. "Giovanni." I said a little louder and his eyes snapped open, claws and canines out. Like usual when I call out his name to wake him up. "It's okay." I assured and his head turned to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, sitting down at the edge of my bed. "Are you comfortable?"

"I'm okay." I smiled. "Just some back pains." I shrugged. "But I'm fine, really."

"I'll help you with that." Kane smiled softly, grabbing my hand. His veins turned red and his face scrunched up.

"Thanks." I smiled but then frowned when I noticed Giovanni glaring at him.

"How did you do that?" Isaac asked confused before biting his pizza.

"Vampire thing." He shrugged.

"So you just can?" Isaac mumbled.

"Only if I care." He added.

"The Betas are coming." Gio mumbled just before the door burst open.

"Lotus!" Elijah exclaimed as he rushed to the side of my bed.

"No." Giovanni said, placing his hand on his Beta's chest when he leaned down to hug me. "She is injured."