22. Acceptance.

POV Lotus.

"Don't feel like going crazy just yet." I heard my mate tell Ava. I heard footsteps fade away and the bed went back up. I knew for a fact that I was in coma but it sure as hell didn't look like it. It looked like I was in a meadow with a small pond filled with lotuses. It was surrounded with mountains on one side and a forest on the other side. Sadly all I could do lay down or roam around the meadow.

"Hey, Amaroa." Giovanni said. "God, I'll never get tired of saying your name." I could practically see him running his hand through his hair. "Listen, I get that I was a huge dîck for not accepting you, and many other times. I get that you're giving me payback but don't you think I've suffered enough? Please, just put me out of my misery and wake up."

"Oh and when you do, don't kill me for destroying... multiple things." He chuckled awkwardly. "Like waiting rooms and trees." 'Trees?' I thought confused.

"Lotus..." A faint voice said. "My little Lotus, look at you all grown up." I could recognize that voice anywhere and I started looking around frantically. A figure emerged from the mountains, causing me to gasp and break out in a sprint.

"Dad!" I exclaimed as I flung myself into his arms. "What? How?" I mumbled into his shoulder before pulling back. "You haven't changed a thing." I admired my father's face.

"Lotus, listen to me. I missed you so much and I love you so much. I just want you to know that it's great to see you again and see how you've grown up." He grinned widely as he stared back at me. "But you have to go before it's too late."

"What do you mean?" I frowned confused. "I don't want to leave you."

"You're job is not done yet, you gotta go back." He sighed.

"What job?" I asked. "I don't have a job, I just finished my exams. If I'm correct, I made it, atleast I hope I did."

"Amelia, graduation already passed. You've been in here for almost six weeks." My father shook his head. "You did pass and Isaac went to collect your diploma."

"How do you know?" I squaked.

"Just because I'm gone, doesn't mean I'm not watching. I'm always there." He smiled softly at me. "Every moment, let me tell you this. Your mate is having a rough time and you need to go back. He has so much to tell you and he does accept you. He needs you, he feels super guilty."

"Why does he feel guilty?" I questioned. "Is this about the things he demolished?"

"No, this is about you taking the bullet." He stated seriously. "The bullet that was meant for him. Which you took for him by hugging him, you saved him."

"I didn't... take his bullet." I mumbled, averting my gaze to the floor.

"You did because eventhough he didn't want you, you couldn't live with yourself if he had died. If it was him laying in the hospital bed and you were the one sitting beside it. The only reason that he isn't looking like a homeless guy that hasn't eaten in months, is you." Dad stroked my cheek.

"He wouldn't do that to himself." I shook my head.

"He probably would. But he is holding up because of you. You're all he thinks about, twenty-four seven. He knows that you would kill him when you wake up and you found out that he nearly starved himself to death." He said. "And also didn't get any shuteye for about six weeks. The last time was only three days and you nearly freaked out."

"I didn't 'freak out', I was just concerned." I rolled my eyes with bunny ears around freaking out part.

"Anyhow, you have to go back." He stated, changing the subject.