9. Lightning.

POV Lotus.

"What's happening?" I asked while rubbing my eyes. I felt myself moving and heard a sweet beat near my eardrums.

"It's nothing." A deep voice assured, making me look up.

"Giovanni?" I mumbled.

"You fell asleep on the floor." He laid me down in a bed. "Don't worry, I put my lamp in here." He turned on a light on my nightstand. "I'll leave it on, you go back to sleep."

~~~~~

"Where are you going?" Ava questioned as I put my guitar in the case. "You've been disappearing a lot these past few days."

"I'm just going to have some me time with my guitar." I answered.

"Can I come with you?"

"Ava, then it won't be me time." I sighed. "It would be us time." I picked up the case and walked down the stairs. "I'll be back, I promise." I went to the garage and got in my car after putting the guitar in the trunk.

I started the car and made my way to the hospital. "Lotus!" Nina exclaimed when I entered her room. "You're back!"

"Hey, girl." I smiled. "Of course I'm back, we still have a lot of songs to sing." I took my guitar from the case and then sat down on her bed.

"Good afternoon, ladies." The doctor smiled at us as he came us. "How are you feeling today, Nina?" He asked as he checked all the machines.

"I'm feeling great!" She exclaimed and the young doctor chuckled. "Doctor De la Cruz, will you get the others? Lotus is gonna sing for us again!"

"Sure thing." He smiled. "If you don't mind, I'd like to watch too. I have a few minutes to spare." He looked at me, I smiled while giving him a small nod. He gave me a wide smile ad then left to get the other kids.

"Lotus, will you sing another Spanish version?!" Zayn exclaimed as doctor De la Cruz pushed his wheelchair inside.

"One by Beyoncé please?" Daisy asked, walking in behind them.

"Sure." I smiled as the rest of the kids came is well. Some of them weren't really kids anymore, the oldest was sixteen.

After everyone took a seat, I started playing. "Si yo fuera un chico." I sang and they whooped, making me smile. "Sólo por una vez."

~~~~~

"Nina, it's time." Doctor De la Cruz came back in. He had to leave a couple of hours ago and said that he would be back to get Nina.

"Just one more song." She pouted.

"It's okay, Nina." I assured. "I'll stop by again, you just go to your chemo."

"Promise me?" She whispered.

"I promise." I smiled while putting my guitar back in the case. "Everyone back to your own rooms, Nina will need to rest once she gets back."

"Bye Lotus!" They all waved and I smiled at them.

"See you guys soon." I waved back. I was about to walk out but a hand on my wrist stopped me. "Doctor De la Cruz?" I turned around wiht a confused face.

"Lotus, it's storming and it's dangerous." He motionted his hand to the window. I could see the lightning and thunder through it and hear the rain loudly. "Just, be careful."

"Of course." I nodded.

"Text or call me when you got home." He handed me a small paper. "I'm not trying to hit on you or anything but just let me know. I know these kids will worry and to be honest, so will I."