19. Ghost from the past.

POV Lotus.

"I got rejected." Isaac stated and my eyes widened.

"Oh my God, Isaac." I stuttered. "I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He shrugged. "It's just an old ghost from the past."

"Do you mind telling me what happened?" I asked. "I mean you don't have to if you don't want to. But you know, some people say that talking about things may help you feel better. Not that I know if you feel bad or something-"

"Lotus, it's okay." He cut me off with a chuckle. "I found my mate almost immediately after my first shift but she didn't want me. She was so caught up in Alpha Giovanni and trying to get with him."

"Isaac, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault." He shook his head. "I never liked her and she didn't even want to give it a chance. She was convinced that she belonged with Alpha Giovanni, still is."

"Wait, was Gloria your mate?" I asked shocked.

"Yup." I nodded. "But I immediately accepted the rejection and actually didn't suffer much. My wolf knows there's nothing I could do about it and now all we can do is hope that we ever find a new person to fall in love with."

"Maybe you'll get a second chance mate." I smiled. "You don't even need a second chance mate, you can marry another mateless wolf or even a human. All I care about is that you end up happy and satisfied with your life."

"Thank you, Lotus." He smiled back. "I hope you end up happpy as well. With or without my Alpha. Hell you can even end up with Kane for all I care, I just hope you look back later with a smile."

"Thanks, Isaac." I mumbled. "I am also sorry about the whole moodswing thing."

"Oh that, yeah no that's fine." Isaac shrugged. "But I do think that you could use some Disney movies with ice cream or maybe pizza and a milkshake."

"Yeah, I'd like that." I nodded with a grin. "Oh, maybe we can make our own pizza!"

"Lotus, love, I adore you but I think I've done enough baking and cooking for the week." He chuckled. "But I will offer you a piggyback ride to your room."

"I'll take that." I hopped on his back. "Wait!" I said and he set me down again. I grabbed chips, ice cream and Hershey kisses. "Let's go!"

"What movie are we going to watch?" Isaac asked, pulling on the bottom of my couch.

"Woah." I mumbled as he pulled a bed out of my sofa. "I didn't know it did that."

"Kane and I found out when we were-" He cut himself off. "Nevermind."

"When you were what?" I raised an eyebrow at the nervous Delta.

"When we were snooping around." He mumbled ashamed with his head to the floor.

"Did you find anything?" I questioned curiously.

"Not much." He shook his head.

"Good." I mumbled as I pulled my blanket from my bed. Isaac took off his shoes while I laid down on the sofa bed. Isaac got under the duvet as well and I laid my head on his shoulder with his arm around my shoulder. "Pedro is so going to kill you."

"I'll die a happy man." He grinned as he kissed my forehead. "Lotus, I know you don't like the mushy stuff. But thank you for being one of my best friends."

"Thank you too, Isaac Ryker." I smiled up at him. "For saving me, comforting me and probably a lot more in the future."

"Oh and Lotus." He said as he started Lilo & Stitch. "I love you too." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and hit his arm as my cheeks heat up.