Their Song

Aaron and Alexander picked up their newborns, a small smile fell on their faces while they held their babies close to their hearts. Love swelled in both of their chests as the gazed admiringly at their children, they started to sing.

"Dear Theodosia, what to say to you?" Aaron sang thoughtfully.

"You have my eyes, you have your mother's name, when you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart,"

This is it, he thought, this is where I stop just thinking about my self, and dart to think about my daughter. He stopped as something occurred to him, my daughter, my daughter!

"I have a daughter!" He shouted while a tear fell from his eye.

"I've dedicated everyday day to you, domestic life, was never my style- when you smile... you knock me out I fall apart, and I thought I was so smart." He admitted.

"You will come of age with our young nation, we'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation, we'll pass it onto you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday, yeah you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday."

As he sang, Theodosia silently listened from the bedroom. She smiled faintly, and then fell asleep. Aaron got up, humming the tune while setting baby Theodosia back in her crib.

"Oh, Philip, when you smile I am undone, my son, look at my son!" Alex sang pridefully while holding his newborn, spinning around in a goofy mess.

I'm so lucky to have met my amazing son, Alex thought. After all of those years of clearing his name and rising to the top, he finally made it, and his legacy was looking straight at him.

"Pride is not the word I'm looking for, there is so much more inside me now! Oh, Philip, you outshine the morning sun, my son! And when you smile," He looked at Philip to see the most innocent smile he has ever seen, Alex's grin only grew.

"I fall apart, and I thought I was so smart."

"My father wasn't around," Aaron started while walking out of the nursery.

"My father wasn't around," Alexander continued giving the baby to Eliza and setting a kiss on both of their cheeks.

" I swear that I'll be around for you." They both promised.

"I'll do whatever it takes!" Aaron exclaimed, determination spread through him.

"I'll make a million mistakes." Alexander admitted sorrowfully, somewhat dreadful or what lied ahead.

"I'll make the word safe and sound for you..." Alexander and Aaron declared, the feeling of apprehension slowly subsided from the two of them. Making up their minds to be the best father that they could be, they continued the song.

"Will come of age with our young nation, we'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation, we'll pass it onto you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away, someday, someday. Yeah you'll blow us all away, someday, someday."

They say when people sing together, they form a bond that is thought to be as strong as a friendship that's lasted for many years. Maybe, that is why Philip and Theodosia were destined to be together forever.