The Deal

Eliza walked down the hall towards her and her husband's room, yawning and ready for bed. The moon outside on the cloudless sky shined bright as Eliza changed and got into her pj's. She was just about to get into bed and end her day when-.

"ELIZA!" She heard her husband yell her name from the throne room.

What the FRICK Alexander!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Begrudgingly, Eliza puts the bed covers back into place and walks down the hallway to meet her ... special ... husband. While she's walking, she can hear the drunken giggles of Alexander and his friends. But there seemed to be an extra, almost familiar, feminine giggle in the mix. Eliza's pace quickened as she flattened her nightgown in preparation to look presentable in front of an unexpected guest. 

  As she turned the corner, she was faced by John clumsily swaying back and forth, Hercules laying flat on his face with his but in the air sleeping, Lafayette speedily chanting "VIVA LA BAGUETTE", Alexander ranting about how smart he is by repeating how he can count to 100 by only using his toes, and ... Queen Theodosia being held like a potato sack by King Aaron? 

     "Aaron?" Eliza confusedly asked.

  Aaron was also in his pj's and looked very annoyed. There were bags under his eyes and he was lazily slumped over with his drunk wife over his shoulder. He carefully put Theodosia on the floor, who proceeded to start rolling around on the floor whispering "I'm a roly-poly, fear my speed" and crashed into the wall. 

     "Hello Eliza, I'm sorry to intrude but I've come to drop off your husband and his ..." He paused to look toward the group.

    "Friends..., But I've also come to tell you that you should expect a bit of a surprise in your and your kingdom's morning newspaper."

    "And why is that?"Eliza questioned curiously.

    "Well if it's anything like what your husband did to mine, I think you should wait for tomorrow to find out."

    Eliza nodded and began to pick up her husband, she decided that John, Lafayette, and Hercules could just crash on the floor in the throne room since it seemed like they were doing just that anyway. She was just about to round the corner, dragging her husband behind, when she realized what had actually just happened.

   "Well, Aaron, I'd like to thank you for bringing my husband and his knights back, is there anything I can do to repay your kindness?" 

  Aaron thought for a moment and answered hastily when he realized the opportunity to make his beloved daughter happy. 

   "My daughter seemed really upset that she was separated from the prince today. Since it seems she has taken a liking towards your son, could we schedule a play date?"

    Eliza thought for a moment, Philip did seem to have a lot of fun with his new friend.

   "You have yourself a deal! Goodnight Mr. Burr, and good luck with your wife."