The Enemy (Part One)

The sky was dark as the moon shone a bright white. The people left the party for their houses; small smiles lit their faces as they remembered the fun they had that night. The children were changing and getting into bed as the sugar crash hit them, and the adults helped them as they too, got ready for bed.

But not everyone was going to bed with smiles on their faces, there was one who wouldn't sleep that night.

Bugaboo was flying towards a castle covered in dark smog and surrounded by green, polluted water. Her smile from the preceding party had long faded and turned into a loathing scowl. She flew to the fortress faster, wanting the upcoming conversation to end as quickly as possible.

The closer she got to it, the darker the sky became, as a feeling of apprehension rose in her chest. I need to do this, to protect those kids. I'll just tell him to back off, then I'll leave.

She landed in front of the gate, took a deep breath, and walked into the building.

"What are you doing here, bug."

Bugaboo looked towards the figure addressing her and sarcastically smirked.

"Aw, is baby Eacker upset that Auntie Bugaboo is here?"

The figure, Eacker, scowled in annoyance as he walked toward the yellow fairy. Bugaboo stood straighter as he came closer, she wasn't about to let her guard down, not like she did.

"You know you aren't welcome, so why are you here?" He questioned disgustedly.

"What? No "hi" or "how ya doing"? Ya know, you sure are mean to the person who gave you the castle in the first place?"

Eaker's scowl grew as he twisted to hit a wall, making Bugaboo visibly flinch. He turned around and spat in anger.

"I didn't want to be here, you BANISHED me! I DIDN'T WANT THIS-" Eaker's rambling was cut off as he was lifted from the ground.

He looked down to see Bugaboo's wand surrounded by yellow aura as her eyes shoot daggers towards his floating figure. She sneered scathingly as she replied the angry male.

"You know what you did! You made this life for yourself. I just gave you the punishment you deserve. We warned you, and you didn't listen. And don't you ever talk to me like that again, do you understand? I'm not her, I won't let you push me around." Bugaboo corrected as Eaker hovered helplessly.

Bugaboo reversed her magic, causing Eaker to fall flat on his face as he groaned in pain. Bugaboo glared at him as she walked over to help him up.

"Get up," She stated, offering her hand.

" I'm not here for you, I came because we need to talk."