The Enemy (Part Two)

The pair sat around an old, brown table as they stared at each other cautiously. Both hesitant to start the conversation, but impatient to get it over with.

    "Let's get this over with," Eaker started impatiently.

    "What do you want?" 

  Bugaboo rolled her eyes at Eaker's restlessness as she racked her brain on how to deliver her message in a way the villain could understand.

     "Okay, here's the deal."

   Bugaboo rose from her chair and spread her sparkling wind. She hovered over the table as she drew closer to Eaker. Eaker's face changed from annoyance to terror as he saw her eyes change from their usual brown to a blood red.

     "Today was the birthday of two very important people," Bugaboo's hair turned from it's darkened brown color, to hot, flickering fire.

     "And I have decided to be the fairy godmother of said children." She picked Eaker up from his chair, by his collar, and flew higher into the air. Eaker's face turned from terror to true horror as he realized the space between him and the floor grew.

     In her fit of rage, Bugaboo took her wand in one hand, strangling Eaker in the other, and teleported them outside. Eaker nervously recognized the change of scenery, and started shaking anxiously. Bugaboo took notice of Eaker's shaking, and decided to fly higher.

      Eaker, in an attempt to calm the angry fairy, stuttered out an agreement.

      "I-I get i-it-"

      "I'm. not. done." Bugaboo interrupted ferociously.

      The terrified man shut his mouth quickly, trying not to aggravate Bugaboo more.

      "I want you to stay away from those kids. Because, based your past actions, you're not the most trustworthy person. I'm sure she would agree." Bugaboo demanded bitterly.

      "Okay, okay, fine. I'll stay away from those kids. Now can you please put me down." Eaker bravely replied, hoping his answer would satisfy Bugaboo.

     Bugaboo, eyes still blood read and hair still aflame, smirked and replied snarkily.

    "Of course," Bugaboo looked Eaker in the eyes, and let him go.

     Eaker's eyes widened in horror, as his mouth let out a terrified scream. Thankfully, Bugaboo had flew high enough to make sure Eaker wouldn't hit the ground for the next five minutes. But Eaker didn't know that.

     Bugaboo flew closer to Eaker's trembling and screaming body, falling at the same rate as him.

    "I'm sorry friend, but I don't quite believe you. Could you repeat that?" She smugly asked

    Eaker, near tears, replied almost immediately. His screams stopping for a moment in the hopes that Bugaboo would save him.

    "OKAY! I PROMISE I WON'T GO NEAR THOSE KIDS! I PROMISE, PLEASE SAVE ME!"

   Bugaboo giggled maniacally and waved her wand gracefully. Suddenly, both adults were sitting in the eerie, dark, dining room once again. Eaker was frozen in his seat, the only movement he could muster was his unsteady breathing and incessant twitching. Bugaboo, back in her normal, approachable form, stood boastfully from her seat. She dusted off her yellow gown, straightened her hair, pushed in her chair, and cleared her throat.

    "Well, I feel as if we have come to some sort of common ground! I'm glad we had this talk. See you later, buddy." Bugaboo strutted towards the door.

     Eaker managed to release some of the tension in his muscles when he finally came to.

     "Oh, and one more thing," Bugaboo started

     "Y-yes" Eaker replied warily.

     "Be sure to keep your promise this time. We wouldn't want this situation turning into the little accident we had a few year ago, would we? Bugaboo warned tauntingly. 

     "N-no, we don't." Eaker responded, on the verge of tears thinking back to the "accident".

     Bugaboo opened the door and walked out.

     "Good." The door slammed, ending the dreadful conversation.