The Knights and The Lullaby (Part 3)

Eliza had made it to her little angel's room and sat on his bed. Philip, who was holding a book, was barely keeping his eyes open. 

    "Okay Philip, are you ready for your bedtime story?"

     "Mmm.... hmmm, stowy."

     "Now what story did you pick out," Eliza picked up the story and turned it to the cover.

      "A Story of My Love, a Poem for Crushes. Philip, I didn't know that you liked poems." 

      "Daddy... poems. "

 'Hmm, Alexander must have been reading poems instead of children stories. Well that's one way to secure brain development.' Eliza quietly giggled to herself.

      "Okay Philip, ready to start?"

   Though struggling to keep his eyes open, Philip happily smiled in agreement and waited for his mother to read. Eliza took a breath, and started the poem.

"A poem for my little love

Who happily came from up above

I hope my words can reach their heart

And we grow close rather than apart

I think of you each night and day

Of how your words make me sway 

And your laugh I do adore

My soul just sings "Il mio amore"

Your hugs and kisses, I just can't take

For my entire being is put at stake

When we talk, all of the words seem to fly

My love, when we converse time just passes by

So as long as you stay with me

Our love will grow and shine with glee."

   Eliza looked up from the poem and glanced at Philip. Philip had fallen asleep while she was reading, a small smile rested on his sleeping face. Eliza rose from the edge of the bed. and kissed her baby on the forehead.

    "Sweet dreams Pip." She lightly ruffled her son's hair and walked away as quietly as she could, smiling to herself. 

    She walked down the hall towards her and her husband's room, yawning and ready for bed. The moon outside on the cloudless sky shined bright as Eliza changed and got into her pj's. She was just about to get into bed and end her day when-.

     "ELIZA!" She heard her husband yell her name from the throne room.

 What the FRICK Alexander!