Their Play Date (Part One)

The sun slowly rose in the pastel-colored sky, decorating the morning dew that softly settled on the green hills of the kingdom while the birds started singing their morning tune. The farm roosters crowed, awakening the villagers and starting their busy day. 

   People politely greeted one another as they grabbed their farm tools and opened their shops. Some of the shoppers entered the store begrudgingly, others smiling with a spring in their step as they grabbed the items they came for. The laughter of small children started to fill the town as their parents held them from recking havoc on the other townspeople. Soon, the town was filled with conversations of the lively villagers as the started their daily chores, determined to finish them before nightfall.

   Similarly, Hamilton Castle became just as busy just as fast. The guards took their positions to protect the castle and those who inhabit it, the chefs started preparing the royal breakfast, and the head butler and maid were directing their subordinates while assuring everything was running smoothly. 

     "Rebecca, you're supposed to sweep in one direction not three! Enilse, the bleach is not a shampoo! And Bethany if I have to tell you to stop singing to the rats on more time- I don't care if it makes you feel like a princess you are a maid, not Raterella!" The Head maid, Mrs. Poppins, huffed in an annoyed manner, trying to fix what hair she hadn't already pulled out.

   She looked towards her co-worker, Mr. Poe, in tired understanding as he too was yelling at his hopeless underlings. He was waving his arms frantically in hopes of the movement translating what his words can't, but his efforts were proved fruitless.

     "Timothy, lift with your legs, not your toes! Gary, the tie goes around your neck, stop trying to use it like a lasso. And for god sakes, Charles if you don't get off that darn table I promise the damages will be coming out of your already small paycheck!"

     "This is one hectic day, and it's not even eight yet! What do you think has gotten everyone so riled up?" Mrs. Poppins asked.

   Mr. Poe faced his friend as he replied knowingly, flattening his uniform and straightening his tie.

   "It might be due to the Prince having a playdate with his new friend Princess Theodosia. Everyone seems to have, in their words, "shipped" the two toddlers and are eager to witness their budding friendship."

     "Well, isn't it a little early to be setting the young ones up for dates? I would hope that's not his and her majesty's intentions." Mrs. Poppins worriedly opposed, she wasn't one for arranged marriages for infants.

   Mr. Poe chuckled amusedly, "I doubt those are the King's and Queen's motives, you saw how the Prince and Princess got along, it would be criminal to not set them up for a playdate. And you know how the two kings are, I doubt they hope to be fathers-in-law to the other's child." 

   The head maid thought about her friend's words, he was right, they did hit it off pretty quick. It was honestly very adorable, the memory of the two running around happily put a smile on Mrs. Poppins' tired face. Maybe they were the key to truly uniting the two kingdoms.

   Though the thoughts of unity and peace were ones to bring joy, she could help but get a strong feeling of apprehension on the journey to come. 

     "U-um Mrs. Poppins? I think a rat bit me... again." A maid embarrassingly confessed.

   Mrs. Poppins' face went from thoughtful to frustrated in a matter of seconds when brought back to reality, the ominous feeling was soon pushed out of her head to deal with the unfortunate situation at hand.

     "This is going to be a long day," Both Mrs. Poppins and Mr. Poe sighed unanimously.

~~~

A/N: Hoi peoples! I'm really sorry for the awful uploading schedule and the filler/short chapters, but I can promise better chapters in the future when things start to speed up! Thank you so very much for being patient and sticking with my story, I will do my best to make it all worth it!!! 

Love ya's!!!<3