The Gift

"LET THE ROYAL PRESENT CEREMONY, COMMENCE!" 

  All the towns people lined up, one by one, giving their best of wishes and the most expensive gifts. They shook hands with both kings, hugged both queens, and smiled at the Princess and Prince. 

  "Thank you so much, we truly appreciate your blessings, say thank you Theodosia." Aaron spoke.

  "Thank you, Theo-dosia!" Little Theo happily thanked.

  "Oh you are quite welcome, little one, I hope you enjoy your birthday, and the many more to come!" Replied the lady.

 Aaron, Theodosia, and Little Theo smiled as the kind lady walked over to the other kingdom's gift table.

  "Here you go little prince, I hope you like it, I made it especially for you!" The lady exclaimed proudly.

  "Thank you ma'am," Alexander replied for his son.

   He turned to face his son trying to open the box.

 "Philip, put it down you can't open it yet," 

 "Wanna open now!" Philip cried.

  "Now now Philip, settle down, you have to be patient, okay?" Eliza intervened, trying to calm her son's restless behavior.

   Philip stopped his fidgeting and set the box down with a pout. Eliza smiled in both humour and embarrassment as she turned to the kind woman.

    "Thank you ma'am for your consideration, and I apologise on my son's behalf."

    "It's not a problem at all your highness, I actually find it quite adorable that the Prince is so eager to open my gift!" The lady giggled in delight while waving goodbye.

    This continued on for hours, all of the kingdom lining up to give the royal toddlers their presents. They laughed and awed over the politeness of Theodosia, and the impatience of Philip.

       "Wanna open now!" Philip declared while prying open a colorful present.

       "No, Philip, put that down!"Alexander sighed exhaustively as grabbed the gift once again from his beloved son.

       The crowd laughed at their prince's excitement as he slumped in his chair. Eliza put on her queenly smile towards the crowd and a 'you better cut that mess out' glare towards Philip who gladly obliged out of fear.

       Finally, the last greetings were spoken and the last gifts were given. The townspeople hushed their excited murmuring as the fairy spread her wings and flew to the middle of the crowd.

      "Alright everybody, listen up!" She shouted with a smile on her face.

      "I know you guys worked really hard on your presents and all that jazz, but none of yours will be better than mine!"

      The people looked at each other in a worried manner. They started whispering nervously until Bugaboo interrupted.

       "Y'all know I'm just joking!" She laughed teasingly.

      The tension left the air as the crowd started laughing.

      "Anyway, what I was trying to say is that it is my turn to give the royal family their gifts." She stated with a proud smile.

       Bugaboo turned to the royal Hamilton family and flew towards them. She looked at Alexander and Eliza in a mischievous way as she drew closer.

       "Alexander, you were always quite the wordsmith. You have a gift that can't be replicated or replaced. It's helped you get out of many problems, and put you into some as well. Eliza, it has been your kind heart that has given the townspeople a reason to forgive. It is both your sheild, and your sword." She spoke truthfully as she knelt down to pick up Philip.

     Philip held onto Bugaboo close as she gave him his gift.

    "I will give Philip the gift of poetry and pure kindness. With these gifts, he can use it to get out of trouble and help others, like a true king."

    Bugaboo lifted her finger and placed it on Pip's nose. The Prince giggled at the sudden gesture as his parents smiled with both pride and happiness. Bugaboo set him down and kissed him on the forehead before pushing him to Eliza and Alex.

      "Use your power wisely, my prince." She stated jokingly as she bowed.

        Bugaboo turned to the next royal family, and strolled over casually.

       "Little Theodosia, how are you?"Bugaboo asked teasingly.

       Little Theo laughed and played along.

      "Good, I ready for gift!" She stated confidently.

      "Okay then," Bugaboo replied as she picked the princess up.

      "Little princess, you were blessed with very cool headed parents. They always manage to keep their heads and lead their people even in the darkest of times. Other kings might freak out, like some people I know..."

     "I heard that!" Alexander shouted defensively.

    Everyone giggled at Alexander's outburst as he pouted.

    "So, without further ado, my gifts to little Theo is her father's patience and her mother's common sense. These things will help you in your greatest time of need, and make you a trustworthy and dependable queen." Bugaboo declared proudly.

    She set her finger on little Theo's nose before giving her back to her parents. Bugaboo stepped back and shouted her last spell.

     "Though the hardships may prevail
True love will never fail
Their hearts as strong as stone
Their wits shall take the throne
At night when the pair meets
The rhythm of two heart beats
The spell will stand against time
Through both their lives and mine."

    The fairy flapped her wings and flew off into the night, leaving nothing but the lasting confusion with the townspeople and the royal family.

Who was the spell for?