PT 14

Shōta opened his eyes sluggishly. He grumbled something inaudible, then sat up. He was lying on top of Hizashi, who was still fast asleep.
         "...'Zashi. Hizashi. Get up, we're gonna be late," Shōta said as he shook Hizashi's shoulders. Hizashi blinked awake.
          "Huh?" he muttered, still half-asleep.
          "It's almost time for school. We have to rush," Shōta explained. Hizashi glanced behind Shōta's head to see the clock.
          "Fuck! We got to get ready!" Hizashi yelled, his eyes widening. Shōta climbed off of him and they hurried to get changed. Hizashi didn't have time to put his hair up, opting to leave it down for the day.
          The two of them made it to school barely on time, Shōta slinking away to his class and Hizashi walking to the offices. He sat down at his desk with a heavy sigh.
           "You were almost late," Nemuri mused from her desk, not bothering to look up at him.
           "You have your hair down today," Toshinori observed, "It looks nice."
           "Oh, haha, thanks. I had to rush," Hizashi explained, bridling at the compliment. Nemuri looked up.
          "Oh, it is down. I get that it's more iconic up, but you seriously look better with it down," Nemuri said.
          "That's what Shōta says," Hizashi answered. He leaned back, sighing softly. He stretched, then got to work on some paperwork.
         Eventually, Shōta walked into the office. Hizashi got up and they went to the teacher's lounge to eat together. Shōta curled up in Hizashi's lap as they ate.
        "I have to get to class," Hizashi said, after a while.
        "Want me to help you set up?" Shōta asked.
       "That'd be great, angel," Hizashi answered, leading Shōta to his classroom. They chatted as they set up for class.                                                                Before the bell rung, some early students slid the door open slightly. They were greeted by Hizashi flirting with Shōta. Their eyes, however, were drawn to Hizashi's hair. They had never seen it down, and were surprised by how different he looked. Shōta noticed the students, murmured something to Hizashi, then left.                        Hizashi started class as students filed in.                                                                   "Yo, Present Mic-sensei," a kid started, "what's with your hair?"                       "Well, listeners, I was a bit late today!" Hizashi explained without shame. The class chuckled, and continued on quietly. As class started to wind down, however, the students shifted to noisy conversation as usual.               Eventually, a student mentioned something about Shōta. And of course, a mention of Shōta led to a discussion on the topic of Hizashi's relationship with Shōta. Hizashi listened awkwardly, blushing slightly at the sudden interest in his love life. The bell released him from the conversation.              The students filed out, chatting about various topics.                                          "Present Mic-sensei looks totally different with his hair down," someone mentioned.                        
"I like it more this way; it's less ridiculous," another replied.                               "Well, I like it more when it's up; it's iconic!" someone else answered. Great, now they're arguing about my hair. Fuuunn, he thought, sighing. He leaned against his desk, rubbing his eyes. The room was silent. Out of nowhere, Shōta hugged him from behind.                                                    
"B-Babe!" Hizashi exclaimed, surprised. He turned around and hugged Shōta earnestly, tightly grasping him. "You really surprised me, love."                                                                        "How are you?" Shōta asked.                    "I'm well. Kinda tired, though," Hizashi replied, chuckling softly. Shōta smiled and kissed him. "The kids were unsure about my hair." Shōta chuckled, then stroked Hizashi's hair.                              "Who cares what they think? Your hair's beautiful."                                                 "Says you," Hizashi whined, "I love your hair." Shōta chuckled.                                "Yeah, yeah," he responded. Hizashi grinned, and pulled Shōta close. He kissed him softly, and when he pulled away, his eyes met Shōta's. He blinked, and found himself pushing Shōta backwards as he kissed him again and again. He pinned him to the wall. "'Zashi," Shōta moaned softly. He grunted. "A bit grabby today, huh?"                "...sorry," Hizashi mumbled, moving his hand up Shōta's waist.                  "I didn't say stop, doofus," Shōta whispered, moving Hizashi's hand back down. Hizashi chuckled softly and kissed Shōta's neck.                                            "You're so cute," Hizashi breathed, his breath hot on Shōta's neck.
         "There was a knock on the door, and the two pulled apart just before the door opened.
          "Hey, Hizashi-kun, I need you—" Nemuri started, but stopped when she noticed Shōta there. Her hands fell to her hips and she smirked. "Did I interrupt the lovebirds?" she teased.
         Shōta stared her down in response. Hizashi fiddled with his jacket, cheeks burning.
         "Jeez, don't need to be so cold. You two can't keep your hands to yourselves, eh?" Nemuri replied, gesturing theatrically in an attempt to elicit a response.
         "W-what did you need, again?" Hizashi stuttered, eager to change the subject. Nemuri sighed, realising she couldn't play with them anymore.
         "I need you to help me with some paperwork," Nemuri said, gesturing out the door. Hizashi left the room, Nemuri about to leave as well. She paused and looked back at Shōta. "You're a lot more affectionate after Hizashi told the school," she observed. After noticing Shōta's expression, she finished, "I think it's good. You two love each other, and you should be allowed to show it whenever you want. And you need to express yourself more. You two bring the best out in each other. Don't ever let anyone keep you apart."
Shōta stared back at her. Nemuri had brief moments of wisdom, sometimes. She waited for his response. He turned away.
"...thanks. I'll take the advice." Nemuri grinned, then followed after Hizashi.
Shōta sighed and leaned against the teacher's desk. He stared up at the ceiling, lost in thought.
For whatever reason, his thoughts drifted to their childhood; specifically, the first day Shōta transferred to the Hero Course.