PT 16

Shōta sighed heavily, rubbing his temples as the memories faded. He was leaning quite heavily on the desk now, to the point that if someone moved the desk he would collapse. He struggled to regain his composure, but the second he heard the door start to open he stood up, looking as aloof as ever. When he noticed it was just Hizashi, though, he sunk back to leaning on the desk.
Hizashi rushed to his side.
"Are you okay, Shōta?!" Hizashi squealed, worry scrunching up his face.
"I'm fine," Shōta said dismissively. Hizashi glared at him, and Shōta turned away from his gaze, blowing some hair out of his face. Shōta looked back, and their eyes met. Shōta instinctively grabbed Hizashi's hand. "I'm fine. I was just thinking about...the first time we hugged." Hizashi's hand tightened around Shōta's, and he leaned in.
"...is that one a happy or sad memory?" Hizashi asked quietly. Shōta thought about it for a second.
"...happy. Because you taught me that I do like to touch others. Before you, I'd only experienced negative human contact. I hated the idea of touching other people. But when you held me, I—I realised I was missing out on something ama-" he was cut off by Hizashi hugging him tightly. Shōta inhaled, and he blinked slowly. All the things he kept boxed away flooded back again, just as they had long ago, and Shōta struggled not to cry. He buried his face in Hizashi's shoulder. Hizashi could tell he was shaking slightly.
Hizashi smiled softly. It was good for Shōta to express himself like this, every once in awhile. Hizashi just wished he would express himself more often, so the rush of emotions wouldn't be as unbearable as it was at times like this. Shōta was leaning heavily on him, his hands tightening around Hizashi's jacket. Hizashi wrapped his arms around Shōta, rubbing his back and whispering soft things into Shōta's ear.
"Shōta...I love you," Hizashi whispered gently. Shōta mumbled something in return, and although his face was buried in Hizashi's chest, Hizashi knew it was a soft "I love you, too".
        They pulled apart, Shōta having regained his composure.
       "Thanks, Hizashi," Shōta whispered. Hizashi smiled warmly. They leaned together, lips meeting gently. Hizashi sighed happily, and leaned in. He rested his head against Shōta's chest.
       "I'm always here for you," Hizashi mumbled softly.
        "And I'm here for you," Shōta smiled warmly, his hand running down the back of Hizashi's head. He kissed the top of his head, and Hizashi smiled up at him. They parted, and walked to the offices, Hizashi's arm around Shōta.
They did some work, side by side, until Shōta left to go to the restroom. Hizashi got up and decided to take a short walk to stretch.
As he walked down the hallway, some students passed by. They didn't even bother to lower their voices.
"-speaking of Eraserhead, what is that guy's deal? He's super lazy, and he looks really scary! How did a guy like that even get into this school?"
"I just feel bad for his students. I heard he's a terrible teacher; he sleeps in class!"
Hizashi paused, part of him wanting to spin around and teach those kids a lesson.
"Yo, Yamada! Whatcha doin' out here?" Nemuri called. Hizashi looked up to see his friend heading towards him.
"Just stretching," Hizashi replied. Nemuri eyed him as she stopped in front of him.
"What's with the face?" Hizashi contemplated playing dumb, but came to the conclusion that Nemuri would find out anyway.
"Some students were passing by and they were badmouthing Shōta," he muttered.
"Well, yeah, they're kids. That's their specialty. They say crap about all of us," Nemuri replied.
"I know, I know. It's just...if they knew what he did to get where he is, what he does everyday...they wouldn't say those things about him," Hizashi explained with a pained expression. Nemuri sighed.
"Yeah. Out of all of us, he deserves that kind of talk the least. He started with nothing and made something of himself—and he works tirelessly to help these kids. He can be a real jerk with how selfless he can be," Nemuri mused.
"You have no idea; try living with him. He deserves so much more respect than he gets, you know? He's just so..." Hizashi drifted off.
"...amazing?" Nemuri suggested, having heard this speech many times.
"Yes!" Hizashi sighed. "Those kids wish they could be as perfect as Shōta," he muttered. Nemuri laughed.
"I don't know if I could handle any more of that guy, but I see what you mean. Come on, let's get back," Nemuri said, gesturing for them to head to the offices. They walked back together, and Hizashi sat down next to Shōta, who eyed the two of them.
"Why weren't you here?" Shōta asked as Hizashi sat down.
"Just stretching. I ran into Nemuri out there, so we walked back together," Hizashi explained.
Shōta found his answer satisfactory and turned back to his computer. Hizashi smiled.
"'Love you, babe," Hizashi chirped. Shōta's eyes widened and he blushed heavily, uncomfortable with how public the conversation was. He hid his face in his scarf. Nemuri and Toshinori chuckled softly at the scene unfolding in front of them.
"...Come on, Aizawa, don't leave him hanging," Nemuri mused, happy that she could find something to tease someone about. Shōta glared up at her from under his scarf.
"...love you," he mumbled. Nemuri grinned mischievously, proud to have accomplished something fun today. Hizashi laughed and kissed Shōta's cheek. Shōta blushed heavier and slid further into his scarf.