PT 25

A frigid breeze raced forward, blowing Shōta's hair around. He squinted, crouched slightly, ready for an attack.
       A dark blur rushed toward him. An arm pulled back, tendons straining with the effort, and pushed forward. It gained speed as it traveled. It arched toward Shōta's face, but Shōta's hand wrapped around it and stopped it in its tracks.
       "Don't pull back so much. Pulling back a punch make it stronger, but it slows down its speed. They give your enemy too much time to attack or defend. Save those punches for when your enemy's trapped and unable to fight back. In hand-in-hand combat, especially when you're fighting someone bigger and more experienced than you, you should do multiple weaker, yet faster, hits," Shōta explained, releasing the arm.
     "Alright," Hitoshi said, bringing his arm to his side. He looked up at Shōta. "Can we take a break?" Shōta nodded silently.
     They sat down side by side, drinking from water bottles. Hitoshi wiped the sweat off his brow with a towel. Training with Shōta was often difficult, but the results were worth it.
Shōta's phone rang and he picked it up. He listened, nodding his head slightly as he did so, and mumbled something in response. He shut his phone and stood up.
"Duty calls," he muttered, and turned to Hitoshi. "Class starts soon. We'll train more some other time." He placed his hand on Hitoshi's head and ruffled his hair, then walked away, leaving Hitoshi on the bench, blushing. I can't believe he did that, Hitoshi thought. It was nice, though. The more and more they hung out, the more Hitoshi saw Shōta as a father. An odd father, but a caring one none the less.
A few hours later, the few members of the class on this fake mission finished. They were upset that Toshinori, the "Villain", escaped. In a real mission it would have been easier to tell if the Villain was dead or not, Shōta knew, but the point was they should've tied him up regardless. Quirks came in many shapes and sizes, so it was impossible to know for sure if the Villain didn't have a Quirk that would help him escape. The students started the trek back to the classroom, Nemuri headed off with Toshinori back to the offices, and Hizashi walked up to Shōta.
"You overacted, as usual," Shōta muttered.
"It's not overacting if you play an overtly eccentric guy," Hizashi replied with a grin, tapping his nose. Shōta smirked.
"You played yourself."
"Nah, see, that guy had a girl back home. I have you. It's different," Hizashi smiled, shrugging. "Plus, you never said I had to be wildly different."
"Yeah, I guess so." Hizashi leaned forward and kissed Shōta gently.
        "I had fun, though," he said softly after their lips parted, swaying backwards and brushing loose hair behind his ear. A breeze danced with his golden hair. The sunlight made his green eyes sparkle. He smiled, and when Shōta blushed, he giggled.
        "I-I'm glad," Shōta mumbled, pushing up his shoulders so his face dipped behind his scarf.
        "Shou-chan, you're such a cutie," Hizashi teased, grabbing Shōta's arms and wrapping them around his neck, pulling Shōta towards him. Shōta looked away.
        "Hizashi..." he mumbled, after some thought, "I...have a question for you." Hizashi smirked, though his brows crinkled in confusion.
        "Yeah? You can just ask me, y'know."
         "It's just...I've been thinking-"
          "Never a good sign," Hizashi cut in. "Sorry, sorry, continue," he finished, after seeing Shōta's reaction. Shōta's face switched from anger to embarrassment. As was usual when this happened, he looked away so as to avoid Hizashi's gaze.
           "...I was thinking...do you...want to...get," he coughed, blushing, then practically whispered, "married?" Hizashi stared. "It's a logical next step. Practical. Obviously," Shōta said loudly, trying to hide his deepening blush. "Just a practical decision. Completely empirically and objectively, marriage is a logical choice so as to maximise-" Shōta continued, increasingly louder and faster the more anxious he grew. Hizashi just stared blankly.
       "Shōta," Hizashi breathed, shutting Shōta up. Shōta slowly turned to face him. Hizashi was crying. "Oh my god, Shōta!! Yes!! Of course!!!" Hizashi yelled, tears streaming down his face as he grabbed Shōta and spun him around. "I thought it was never gonna happen!! I didn't wanna propose until I was sure you wanted to!!"
       "A-are you okay?" Shōta whispered, slightly terrified at the highly emotional, very loud man in front of him.
       "Yes!!! I! Am so!! Happy!!!" Hizashi cried. He picked Shōta up and turned down the volume, though tears still rolled down his cheeks. "You make me so happy, Shōta. I knew from the moment I met you I was gonna marry you one day!"
       "Really?"
        "Well, not really. I knew I was in love when I first met you. I knew I was gonna marry you when you kicked my ass in the Sports Festival," Hizashi admitted.
       "Out of every moment we spent together, that was the one?"
       "Mmhmm! Nothing like being destroyed by the hottest kid in school to determine your love life."
        "Hizashi..." Shōta smiled softly. Hizashi grinned. His smile fell and he looked at Shōta in his arms, suddenly serious. Shōta stared up at him. Hizashi blushed.
        "Huh," Hizashi mumbled. Shōta looked up questioningly. Hizashi shook his head and smiled. "Just thinking about how cute my fiancé is." Shōta chuckled, then leaned up and kissed Hizashi. Hizashi kissed back, gently setting Shōta down and pushing him against a wall. Shōta gripped Hizashi's collar, pulling him deeper into the kiss. Hizashi gently pulled away, panting.
          "'Zashi..." Shōta moaned. "I'm glad."
           "Hmm?"
           "I'm glad I get to marry you," Shōta smiled. Hizashi blushed.
           "Shōta!! I love you!!"
           "I love you, too."
           "I can't believe you beat me to proposing, though," he said dejectedly.
           "You always were slow. Plus," Shōta grinned, "I always beat you."