PT 19

Hizashi pulled Shōta close, running his hand through his hair. He lifted Shōta's chin and kissed him softly. Shōta smiled back at him, and leaned heavily on his boyfriend.
"A photo was released showing myself and another man at a café. I have talked about him many times on my show, but I've only referred to him as my boyfriend. He's a very private person, so I never mentioned him by name. I just wanted to say that he is my boyfriend, and I love him very much. There's no need to swarm us with questions; I ask only that you treat us as you would any other couple. Thank you," Hizashi's press conference played on the TV. Shōta smiled and kissed Hizashi.
"I love you, too," he said. Hizashi grinned and pulled Shōta even closer.
"This is the part where I answer questions, though," Hizashi groaned.
"Present Mic, is it true that your boyfriend is the underground Hero Eraserhead?"
"...Yes, he is." The crowd grew louder. People were always fans of two Heroes in love.
"Do you worry that you'll lose fans for having a same-sex partner?" Hizashi laughed on the TV.
"If my fans don't know I'm pan, they're probably not real fans. I doubt many of my fans will care, and most of them already knew I had a boyfriend."
"Is Eraserhead going to answer questions?"
     "Well, I can't speak for him, but I doubt he'll want to. He's shy."
     "How long have you two been dating?"
      "...that's kind of hard to answer. There was never really an established date, or anything...When I think about it, it must have been around...13 years?" There was an assortment of 'aw's from the crowd. Hizashi turned off the TV.
        "Did I handle it well, baby?"
        "Yeah," Shōta snuggled closer. "But 13 years? I guess it has been that long..."
        "No wonder Nemuri keeps asking when I'm going to-" Hizashi cut himself off. He blushed and covered his mouth with his hands.
        "What?" Shōta asked sleepily.
        "...nothing..."
        "What?" Shōta repeated. His gaze was unforgiving.
        "...Nemuri keeps asking when I'm going to...propose," Hizashi mumbled. Shōta eyed him.
        "When are you?" Shōta asked. Hizashi's eyes widened.
        "D-Do you want me to?" Shōta shrugged, and Hizashi sighed and sunk into the couch. Shōta could be difficult, at times.
        Shōta changed the subject by kissing Hizashi's chin. He leaned against his boyfriend, their heartbeats intermixing in the morning air.
       "I love you," Hizashi breathed, unable to take his eyes away from Shōta, who was bathed in early light.
        "'Love you, too, Hizashi," Shōta smiled and kissed Hizashi's lips.

         Nemuri smacked Hizashi's back happily.
        "So you two've gone public!" she grinned. Hizashi grunted and adjusted his glasses.
        "Not by choice," he mumbled. Shōta sighed and shuffled papers together.
"Regardless," Nemuri started, leaning against Hizashi's desk, "you guys don't need to hide it anymore." She looked up at Shōta. "You doing okay with the media, honey?" Shōta grunted.
Shōta leaned against Hizashi's arm. Hizashi smiled and wrapped his arm around him, pulling him close. He flipped through paperwork with his other hand. Nemuri left to finish her own paperwork.
Eventually, the two parted, and Shōta left to teach. When he finished, inquisitive minds bombarded him with questions.
"Aizawa-sensei, did you see the news?"
"You guys are public now? What's it like?"
"Are you glad people know?"
"You've been dating for 13 years?! How is that even possible?"
"Wait, does this mean you're an out Hero now? Cool!"
Shōta sunk into his scarf slightly. Discomfort dripped through his body. The door slid open, and Hizashi was there. He always knew when Shōta needed help, somehow.
"Alright, listeners, time for your next class!" Hizashi called, and groaning students left the classroom begrudgingly. Hizashi strode over to Shōta and draped his arms around him.
"Hey, Mic," Shōta murmured. He pressed his face into Hizashi's chest. "I hate nosy kids."
"Then a high school teacher is not the job for you," Hizashi mused, pulling Shōta close. "You doing okay?"
"Yeah. I just can't wait until this blows over," Shōta sighed.
"It will, with time. We just have to be patient. Once something else breaks, our relationship will be forgotten and we can go back to shy kisses in hidden places," Hizashi smiled, kissing Shōta's forehead. Shōta snorted and pushed him away playfully, in a way that suggested Hizashi should keep going.
       "'Zashi, quit it," he muttered happily. Hizashi giggled and kissed Shōta's neck. "Someone might see," Shōta mumbled as Hizashi bombarded his neck with kisses.
       "I don't care," Hizashi smiled, gripping Shōta's waist. "Benefit of being public is I can kiss you whenever I damn well please," he grinned mischievously. Hizashi dipped Shōta, making Shōta let out a laugh. Hizashi grinned wider, and chuckled. He leaned down and kissed his lips. When they parted, their gazes met.
       "...'Zashi," Shōta whispered, taking in his boyfriend's face. Those beautiful eyes, that golden hair, that stupid little moustache. Shōta leaned up and kissed Hizashi. "I love you," he breathed. Hizashi blushed.
       "L-love you, too," he replied wistfully, his heart skipping a beat at Shōta's soft comment. The way he said it felt deep and honest. Hizashi had known for a long time that Shōta really did love him, but little things like this always cemented it. Sometimes he couldn't comprehend how Shōta could love an idiot like himself, but these little things allayed those thoughts.
          Shōta smiled softly, the adorable smile he never smiled in public. It was their smile; something for just the two of them and no one else. Hizashi smiled back. The moment was ruined when Hizashi realised he was still dipping Shōta, and cracked up. Shōta chuckled at Hizashi's laughter, and the two separated for just a moment before they were leaning on each other for support.
"You know, I hate the media sometimes," Hizashi sighed.
"Really? You?" Shōta asked, brushing hair out of his eyes.
"Yeah...what they said about you...god, I want to kill them," Hizashi grimaced. Shōta turned to him.
"Huh?"
"I know we're an unlikely pair, but I'm not too good for you. The media's just blind, you know. You're perfect. We're perfect. We are total equals, and everyone else is an idiot if they think that you are not the perfect person for me," he explained, obviously upset. He hated it when people said that Shōta wasn't good enough for him. The world saw Shōta as a lazy, scruffy, exhausted man, and never bothered to look deeper and see Shōta for who he really is: a kind, caring, troubled guy who would do anything for the people he cares about.
Shōta stared at Hizashi for a minute, before musing, "We're equals in every way except the battlefield; you have yet to beat me fair and square."
"Eraser! Rude! I can beat you, you know! I have beaten you before!"
"Nuh-uh," Shōta shook his head, "you cheated, and while I normally prefer you use your situation to it's utmost potential, you used it improperly." Hizashi jumped up.
"Oh yeah? I'll beat you right now, come on and fight!" Hizashi cheered, grinning and gesturing wildly. Shōta chuckled, and in a second his scarf was wrapped about Hizashi's waist. He pulled him in and kissed him.
"How about later, okay?" Shōta whispered. Hizashi nodded, dumbstruck.
"You're always the best at catching my heart," he breathed. Shōta snorted.
"Oh my god, you are the cheesiest person on the planet."
"You better believe it!" Hizashi replied, smirking. He kissed Shōta again. "Let's finish up work so we can go home real soon, okay?"
"Yeah," Shōta smiled. "Let's do that."