PT 17

Shōta curled up on the couch next to Maki, softly petting her. Hizashi whistled a tune from the kitchen as he cooked. Maki sat up and climbed on top of Shōta's chest. She poked out her tongue while staring him dead in the eye. Shōta paused, face scrunching up as he tried to choke back a laugh. Maki blinked at him. He couldn't take the extremely goofy expression of his cat anymore, and let out a laugh.
        "What's so funny, honey?" Hizashi called from the kitchen.
        "Maki's being silly," Shōta replied, scratching Maki's ears.
        "She's very good at that," Hizashi mused, moving pots and pans around as he cooked. The aroma of food was filling the room. Maki sniffed the air and licked her lips. Shōta watched her intently, finding interest in her every move.
"Food's done!" Hizashi called from the kitchen in a sing-song voice. Maki jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen. Hizashi laughed and poured her some cat food, which she started to gulp down.
"Geez, you act like we never feed you," Shōta mused as he followed her into the kitchen. He kissed Hizashi's forehead and took a plate, and the two sat down to eat.
They ate and talked about various topics: the news, the students, some of the Villains they defeated recently, that one stray cat on the corner. Maki finished her meal and curled up in the cat tree, falling asleep quickly. Shōta and Hizashi finished their meal, as well, and washed the dishes together.
The two sat down on the couch, Shōta pressed against Hizashi. Hizashi wrapped one hand around Shōta's shoulders and the other rested on his thigh. They cuddled as a movie played.
When the movie ended, they didn't leave their spots. Instead, they continued to cuddle, Hizashi brushing back Shōta's hair and kissing his forehead. Shōta kissed Hizashi's shoulder softly, grabbing him around the waist. He pulled Hizashi on top of him, and their lips met. It was a long, drawn-out kiss. When they pulled apart, their eyes met. Hizashi smiled and stroked Shōta's cheek, and kissed him again. Shōta pulled Hizashi's head down into a heavier kiss. Hizashi moaned softly and ran the hand not supporting him down Shōta's body, eventually running it under his shirt.
"...'Zashi," Shōta grunted. He kissed Hizashi again, then sat up. He pulled Hizashi by the shirt into the bedroom.

Hizashi opened his eyes slowly, and looked at the clock. It was morning. He groaned, and turned to his partner.
"Shōta, wake up," he muttered, gently shaking Shōta's shoulders. Shōta grunted. "Come on, Shōta, we have work."
"...'Zashi...it's Saturday," Shōta grunted and pulled the blankets over his head. Hizashi paused.
"It is, isn't it?" he groaned, upset that he woke up. He snuggled closer to Shōta, deciding to go back to sleep. They fell asleep again.
Hizashi woke up again later to Maki meowing loudly. He groaned, carefully slid out of Shōta's grasp so as not to wake him, and got up. He slipped on some clothing and meandered to the kitchen, his gait unsteady from the sleep that hung around him. He poured food for Maki. He decided to see how it looked outside, and stepped out onto their small balcony. He blinked in the light and scratched himself absentmindedly. He yawned loudly, then stepped back inside, shutting the door behind him.
Shōta was leaning against the kitchen counter, his hair covering his face.
"'Morning, babe," Hizashi said tiredly, sleep slurring his words slightly. He walked over and hugged his boyfriend. He brushed some hair out of his face and kissed his nose. "Wanna do something today?"
"You have something in mind?" Shōta asked.
"How 'bout a date to that little café down the block?" Hizashi suggested, gripping Shōta's hand.
"...Sure, why not." Hizashi smiled, kissed Shōta again, and left to take a shower.