11. Sibling Bonding Time

After sitting at her grave for a good 30 minutes Corbyn decided we should head back home.

We got in the car and started driving.

"Ya know, I think God is letting me have a second chance" Corbyn said

"What are you talking about Bean?" I said

"God is giving me another chance to have a sister and do the right things. You are my second chance." He said as we pulled into the driveway.

I didn't know how to respond. He parked he car and looked at me.

Then he just busted out laughing. I looked at him in confusion.

"Don't worry, you don't have to say anything. I understand. I wouldn't know how to respond either" Corbyn said as he got out.

He walked into the house.

I soon got out and followed him.

I was just about to open the door when it flung open to reveal a hot pan being carried by Corbyn. My hand was still in the same position, reaching for the door,  I didn't have time to react before I felt pain going through my hand. Corbyn ran past me and threw the pan on the ground. He can't see my hand, he'll think it's all his fault...

I ran inside and to the bathroom.

I put my hand under the cold water...

I looked at it, it was red and white, a blister was already starting to form.

*knock knock*

"Yeah?"i called out

"Are you okay? You practically ran in here" Corbyn said worriedly

"Uh......yep. I'm all good...." I said

I waited to hear him walk away and then opened the door. I walked into the kitchen being sure to keep the palm of my hand turned away from him.

"So, the chicken nuggets died since I forgot to take them out...so wanna have pizza?" Corbyn laughed

"Sounds good to me" I said laughing with him

He called the pizza while I sat down at the table. He paced around while he talked with them, then he walked out of the kitchen.

I turned my palm over to examine it.

The blister was turning white and puffy now. It looked disgusting. How am I going to hide this until it goes away? It covers my entire palm...

"The pizza should be here in abo- HOLY- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND?!" Corbyn yelled as he walked into the kitchen.

He grabbed my hand and examined it.

"How did this happen? When did it happen? Why didn't you tell me? What happ-"

"Corb chill, it's okay. It doesn't hurt anymore..." I said

He gently poked the blister

"OWWW! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT DIPWAD?!" I screamed out in pain

"I thought it didn't hurt anymore. Now tell me what happened" Corbyn said in a serious tone.

"Fine. When I went to open the door, you opened it and came running out with the hot pan. I didn't move my hand fast enough and I burnt my hand on the pan. I didn't want to show you because I didn't want you to worry..."I said hoping he heard that I blamed myself and he wouldn't feel guilty.

"I did this...I didn't warn you that the pan was hot...I saw your hand but I thought you moved it...I'm so so sorry Cy, please forgive me" he hugged me tightly

"Corb, it wasn't your fault. If it was I still wouldn't be mad, it was obviously an accident." I said hugging him back

"The pizza will be here in about 20 minutes so let's get that hand taken care of."he said and lead me into the laundry room.

He grabbed the first aid kit and opened it up. He grabbed the burn gel, aloe, bandages, peroxide, and some anti-infection cream.

First he cleaned it under some water, then he poured some peroxide on it. He poured the peroxide on it until the liquid stayed clear. He cleaned it with some more water and then put some burn gel in my hand. He wiped the burn gel off and grabbed a safety pin, he popped the blister. (NEVER pop the blister if you get burned. It hurts like hell and makes the burn worse. In the story we're pretending that popping the blister helps). After all of the puss came out of the blister he cleaned it with some more peroxide which kinda hurt but it soon stopped. Then he rubbed some anti-infection cream and aloe on the wound and wrapped it in a bandage.

"You should be a doctor" I laughed and looked at my new bandage.

"Haha nooooo. I don't have the patience for that job." He laughed with me

There was a knock on the door and Corbyn went to answer it.

Tonight was great sibling bonding time

A few minutes later I hear him calling "HEY CY, THE PIZZA IS HERE"

I came running into the kitchen where the pizza was.

"Come on. Let's go watch tv."Corbyn said as we made our way to the living room.

He turned Netflix on and we watched The 100 until 4:00 in the morning. We may have fallen asleep in the living room...