Chapter 5

A loud banging on the door rang through the room, shaking (y/n) awake. Her senses were still numbed from sleep, but soon she felt the agonizing pain in her stomach she had been trying to avoid.
"Damn..." She groaned to herself and rolled deeper into her mattress, not paying attention to the loud voice outside her room.

Soon, the noise outside stopped, and the door swung open. An annoyed looking Ayato entered.
     "Hey, idiot..!" He scolded as he shut the door behind him.
     The girl actually heard him this time and groaned, "Ayato you cant just barge into my room whenever you want" she said. She sat up, managing to get herself out of bed so she wouldn't seem pitiful. She wasn't in the mood for being tormented at the moment.
     Ayato watched as the girl walked across the room to her dresser, but she took a minute and leaned against it before doing anything. The boy looked down to the package he held and bit down on his lip; he couldn't believe he was even doing this.

     "Well I wouldn't be in here if your lazy ass decided to show up to work" he scoffed, walking up to the girl.
     (Y/n) sighed and lowered her head. "Ayato, I'm not lazy, I-"
     She was interrupted as the boy forcefully put something down on the dresser in front of her. Her eyes opened slowly and she looked up, seeing a brown package laying in front of her. It looked familiar, and it smelled amazing. The girl's eyes widened in shock as she realized what was in front of her. She quickly lifted her head and turned to Ayato.
     "W-what's..?" She stuttered.
     The ghoul turned away from her with a stern look plastered on his face. "you're welcome." He said rather rudely.
"Is this real??" She asked. With all the hatred she had been getting from the boy she was skeptical to accept something like this.
"It better be, It wasn't easy getting it with all the doves around." He said, mentally scolding himself afterwards. He had wasted so much effort for this girl.
(Y/n) swallowed and turned down to the food in front of her. She was stunned, "why did you get this for me..?" She asked hesitantly.
The boy looked back to her, confused on why she would ask that. Why was she making such a big deal out of this, and it annoyed him. It's not like he was doing something to be nice or anything. He just wanted to get the pathetic girl out of her room.
"Look, i don't have time for all your questions. Either eat the food or give it back, I'm not wasting this" he said, stepping closer to her to take back the food.
"N-no!" She stopped him, nearly leaping forwards. It was obvious her hunger was overwhelming her by now. "I-I'm sorry for asking so much, I'm just.. I'm surprised that's all.." she sighed, looking down.
The boy clicked his tongue and turned away from the girl. "Whatever.." he muttered, and after a short pause he began to head to the door.
(Y/n) sighed listening to the boy's footsteps as he walked away. She looked down to the meat he had left her. She was starving, but for some reason that's not what she was focusing on at the moment. The fact that Ayato had helped her out, twice now, was all that filled her mind. She thought he hated her, but he had come to check on her twice now. What had gotten into him.
     The girl looked up quickly, waning to ask him before he left her. "Ayato." She called.
     The ghoul stopped at the door, "What." He snapped, looking back to her.
      His sharp glare met her eyes, and she quickly looked away. She had suddenly grown shy. "...thanks." She muttered, now deciding not to bother him about his reasoning.
     The blue haired ghoul hummed as a short response before shutting the door, leaving the girl alone with her meal.

~

A few hours later, (y/n) was out of her room. Her wounds were healed and her hunger satisfied; she sighed in relief as she walked through the halls of Aogiri.
The girl made her way towards the meeting room. she had recovered only shortly after the beginning of one that had been scheduled a while ago. She wasn't feeling up for any assignments so soon, but she needed to check in with Tatara at the least because of her missed days. She hoped she wouldn't find herself in too much trouble because of it.
     (Y/n) made her way to the room and quietly opened the door. The group inside was deep in conversation just as she had thought they would be. She peered around looking for an open space to stand, something to put her at ease, but there were none. She couldn't be her antisocial self today.
The girl bit down on her lip and stepped inside, making her way over to the back wall and standing beside the only executive that didn't make her entirely uncomfortable. Ayato.

     The blue haired boy looked down to her weirdly as she approached him, but he quickly decided to ignore her actions in favor of criticizing her.
     "You're late." He muttered down to her.
     The girl kept her attention towards the meeting.
'Back to not liking each other I see...' she thought to herself.
The girl leaned a little closer to Ayato so she could be heard. "Why are you acting as if you want me here?" She whispered, using the question as a way to poke at his contradictory actions.
     The boy scoffed under his breath, "I don't, I'm just saying if you have the nerve to show up after missing so many days you shouldn't be late, dumbass"
"Well I'm sorry, if you wanted me on time you should've controlled your temper and I wouldn't have missed work in the first place." (Y/n) retorted.
"It's not my fault you act like a princess and expect for food to be hand delivered to you. You could've been healed in an hour if you weren't to stupid" he argued.

(Y/n) sighed and decided not to say anything back to him although her mind was screaming insults at him. She kept her focus on what was being said by the higher ups, and began to just ignore the arrogant ghoul behind her completely. Soon, the meeting was dismissed, but the girl's head perked up at the sound of her name.
"(Y/n)" Tatara called.
"Yes sir?" She responded, looking up to him. Ayato scoffed at her properness from behind her.
The two ignored the boy as Tatara continued their conversation. "You've been out for almost four days now" he said, his tone sharp.
(Y/n) bit her lip and looked away for a moment. "I'm sorry, I wasn't feeling well and.. I was having.. issues.." she muttered, knowing the man would understand what she meant.
"I assumed." Tatara spoke, he knew very well of her problem when it came to getting food. "I was going to send someone to check on you today actually, but it seems there is no need." He said, then suddenly his expression grew cold. "Do you mind telling me how you've recovered so well?" He asked, clearly suspecting her of something.
     (Y/n) stepped back nervously. "A-ayato checked up on me.." she replied. "He brought something for me to eat." She clarified.
Tatara squinted down to her. "Is that so." He questioned. He was aware of the feuds between the boy and (y/n), so this information was nearly a shock.
The pale man stood for a moment thinking, before coming up with a plan that would be convenient for their organization since the two young ghouls could be forced onto good terms now. He looked up from the girl and caught Ayato in his sight, stopping him before he could leave.
"Ayato, come here" he called.
The boy sighed irritatedly and turned around to meet the two. "Yes.??" He asked.
"Do you recall our head count from the last weekly recap we had?" The man asked.
"Yeah, it's low" the boy replied with a shrug.
Tatara nodded. "Indeed. we've lost a lot of people recently, and it seems that our resource team seems to be lacking greatly." He glanced down to (y/n) before looking back to Ayato.
"And?" The boy asked rudely.
"And we are going to be transferring you to the resources team permanently. You're off watch duty, but you'll need to go into town weekly to collect supplies." He explained.
(Y/n) glanced over to ayato with a confused glare. Why would Tatara move him to her area? She didn't know if she would like this change.

"And You'll be sent out with (y/n) so she can make sure you don't wind up into trouble"

"What??" (Y/n) and Ayato asked simultaneously, looking to each other afterwards and then back to Tatara. The girl was already unsure of having someone like Ayato going out in public, but now he'd have to be with her?? With all the conflict between them, this was a recipe for disaster.
"Sir, are you su-"
"You two will make a supply run tomorrow." Tatara cut her off. He glared down to the two suddenly. "This is final, so I suggest you two get along" he warned, and made sure he was not interrupted as he left.

The two stood in a defeated silence, this decision had just been shoved in their faces with no negotiation. They had no other choice but to obey. (Y/n) sighed and turned to the blue haired male beside her. He seemed beyond irritated with his new position.
"This is ridiculous.." he muttered.

__________________________
Bad chapter but hey I needed a story line and here it is.