Chapter 8

(Y/n) struggled to heal. Her leg was mending itself but at too slow of a pace for her to make any attempt of escape. She was in a bad place, the investigator closing in. At this point all she could do was wait and hope her pain would be over quickly.

She felt a stinging pain meet her shoulder and winced, but realized that it had come from the complete opposite direction of the investigator. A sudden gust of wind flew past her, and the loud sound of clashing metal filled her ears. After a few moments, the girl opened her eyes slowly, taking in what was in front of her now. A masked ghoul with dark purple hair was stood there, a corpse laying past him.
"...Ayato.." (y/n) sighed in relief. She pushed herself up as the male ghoul looked back to her, but winced again at the pain in her shoulder. "... you hit me." She complained.
The teen dissolved his kagune and grunted tiredly. "Yeah but I also saved your sorry ass" he replied. Making his way over to her as he removed his mask.
(Y/n) once again tried to push herself up, managing to get to her feet and face him slightly. She stumbled a bit, and Ayato immediately held her by the arm so she wouldn't fall. (Y/n) sighed, and noticed she had been breathing heavily. A string of curse words went through her mind as she realized her condition. She really needed to get back to Aogiri.
"Christ (y/n)" Ayato huffed, looking her up and down. He had noticed her injuries, but he hadn't expected her to be this weak. "I leave you for two minutes and look what happens." He scolded.
"I'm sorry" she panted, looking up to him. He didn't seem upset with her, but he wasn't happy either.
"Whatever" he huffed. He eyed the girl for a moment, before sighing and pulling her arm over his shoulder. He would've preferred her to walk on her own, but he really just wanted to go home as fast as he could after the tiring day.

(Y/n) sighed in a feeling of defeat as ayato had to practically carry her back to Aogiri. She felt helpless, but until she healed and even after that she basically was. Her eyes wandered to the blue haired ghoul, and traced over him for a bit. He was bruised in places, some cuts were prominent on his skin, and his shirt was bloodied. It was obvious he wasn't prepared to be in a fight like he was, but nonetheless he still came in and protected her. (Y/n) was grateful for that.

~

It was pitch black at Aogiri when the two returned, and they realized just how late at night it really was. Ayato led the way up to his room, (y/n) somewhat able to walk now that her leg had healed a slight bit. The boy flicked on the lights and entered, not caring that (y/n) followed behind him. It'd honestly be better if she did, that way he could make sure she wouldn't cause any commotion while the two got situated.

(Y/n) sighed as she entered. She was tired, and her body felt a bit heavy. She looked over to Ayato, who was examining his own wounds. He suddenly cursed under his breath, and (y/n) noticed a large stain of blood growing across his shirt. The girl's eyes widened, and Ayato seemed to notice her concern.
     "Are you alright-"
     "I'm fine" he grunted, placing a hand over the wound.
(Y/n) made her way to him and pulled his hand away, watching as his blood seeped through his clothes. "Jesus, no you're not" she scolded as she looked up to him. He sent a glare down to her telling her to leave him alone, but before he could say anything the girl placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him down to sit on his bed frame.
"Don't move, I'll be back in two seconds" she demanded as she walked off and into his bathroom. The ghoul opened his mouth to protest but quickly shut it as (y/n) returned with a first aid kit in hand.
She stood in front of him and opened the kit, searching through it for supplies. Ayato watched as she pulled out some packages, a bottle, and some bandages.
She picked up the bottle and unscrewed the top, not even looking at him as he spoke. "Take off your shirt" she said.
The boy gave her a glare. "Uh, hell no" he scoffed.
"Just do it" (y/n) argued flatly as she looked up to him. She held the medical supplies in her hands ready to use, Ayato knew she wasn't going to leave him be until he did as she said. He sighed and peeled off his blood-ridden shirt.