Chapter 9

A long slow breath escaped (y/n)'s lungs as her body shifted onto its side. A subtle aroma filled her nostrils, and the half-conscious girl leaned further forwards to take in the scent. It was comforting, familiar even, yet she didn't know what it was.

     "Are you done practically being dead, idiot.??" A voice rang suddenly. The tone yanked (y/n) away from her sense of peace.
     "Mm.. what..?" She mumbled still half asleep. She opened her eyes slowly, confused when she didn't recognize the room she was in as her own. She lifted her head and turned seeing Ayato entering the room. Right. She had forgotten she was in his room.
     The boy looked over to her noticing he had woken her up. He clicked his tongue, "seriously, I had to cover for you this morning and everything" he complained.
(Y/n) rubbed her eyes and pushed herself up to sit. "Ugh.. I'm sorry.. it's usually not that bad.."she sighed.
     "And what exactly was 'it'?" Ayato pressed.
"Well.." (y/n) hummed. She bit down on her lip and slip her feet out from under the covers, hanging them off the side of the bed. She looked down to her knee tiredly, and Ayato did the same. It had completely healed without anything left behind. The blue haired ghoul grew majorly confused.

     "I learned how to use my RC cells to amp up my healing abilities" (y/n) clarified, noticing Ayato's expression. "It helps me get out of tight situations." She said. "Well.. usually.."

Ayato squinted, confusion coming over his body. He hadn't heard of anything like that before. "How's that supposed to work?" He asked flatly.
(Y/n) shrugged, she didn't really know the answer herself. "I guess it's cuz I don't use my kagune, I dunno." She said. "My body just uses the cells up to regenerate instead" She guessed.
     The teen looked at her, thinking over her explanation. It somewhat made sense to him, her body could heal faster without a kagune draining her RC. But he still had never seen anything like it, and there were several things still unclear to him.
"how does that lead to nearly passing out in the middle of my room?" Ayato questioned. If it were just an alternative to a kagune then he assumed it shouldn't have done whatever it did to her yesterday.
     (Y/n) sighed looking up slightly. She tried to think of a simple explanation, although what she was trying to explain was anything but. "Well because it heals me faster, it wares me out a lot faster too" she said. "But usually it's not as bad as it was yesterday, I guess my injury was too much to heal like that." She added.
     Ayato hummed after a moment of thought. The girl's answer was acceptable. It was true she had been completely drained yesterday, and he could understand the logic behind why her ability would cause that.

He paced around a bit, not really knowing what else to say to the girl. A moment passed and suddenly something placed on his desk had caught his eye. A new thought came to mind, and he looked up.
     "oh, right" he muttered to himself, grabbing the item off of his desk. He turned to (y/n) and held it up to show her.
     "Next raid's coming up, bosses want you to run the numbers" He explained and tossed a stack of papers onto the bed next to (y/n). He had learned earlier that she was the one in charge of analyzing the raids, and there was one scheduled for two days from now.
"You picked up the plans for me?" The girl asked as she looked over the papers.
"Yeah" Ayato huffed, he turned away from her and fiddled with some things on his desk to make himself look occupied. "They were already there so I just grabbed them." He muttered.
"Well thanks" The girl said simply. She bit her lip as she picked up the papers and gave them a quick glance before looking back up to Ayato. He seemed irritated but at the same time, he seemed awkward.

     "I'll work on these later" she said, standing up from the bed. The boy looked at her in question, she smirked. "We're still hunting today aren't we?"
He scoffed, "Yeah I've been waiting all morning" he complained.
     The girl giggled, "oh sorry" she said sarcastically. "If you're that hungry you could've just gone without me"
Ayato rolled his eyes and turned towards the exit, "look I don't have time for your sass, are you coming with or not?" He spat.
(Y/n) couldn't help but grin, after spending time with the boy she began to find his short temper amusing. She waited for a long moment, only to irritate him before finally answering, "Yeah, give me a few minutes" she replied, and hopped off the bed to head to her own room.

~

The two stood in an alleyway deep in between the city buildings, a freshly killed meal laid in front of them. Ayato had killed him of course, but (y/n) was the one that lured the man away from the public. It was always easier for female ghouls to manipulate humans than it was for the males.
     Ayato got rid of his kagune as he looked down to the corpse. His mouth watered, he realized it had actually been a while since he had eaten.
     "You can have at him" (y/n) said flatly as she waved a hand at the boy. Feeding was usually a private event, so there was always some discomfort when ghouls hunted in pairs. "you killed him after all" she said.
     The boy gave her a glance before humming in acknowledgement, and kneeling down to tear off the man's left arm. (Y/n) knelt down on the other side of the corpse, and took a piece as well. The two ate in silence, not wanting to invade each other's privacy as they fed.
     Soon when they were done, the two stood up and exchanged glances. Ayato scoffed as he looked at the girl. He would've never guessed it, but she was a messy eater. Maybe she wasn't the princess stereotype he had given he after all...

     "God.. I can't remember the last time I've done something like this.." the girl sighed.
     Ayato looked down to her with a smirk, "I can tell, you've got blood all over you"
     "I do??" She asked, looking down to herself. She cursed herself out loud as she saw the blood stains on her clothing.
     "Tch, idiot" The boy muttered as he rolled his eyes. A grin pulled itself onto his face as he watched her fumble to try and wipe the stains away.
He waited a moment, amused by her actions, before finally speaking up. "Don't worry about it, stupid. You can clean yourself up when we get back-" he explained.
He watched as the girl's face turned into a displeased frown and shook his head. He guessed it was about time to leave. The boy turned and began in the direction leading back to Aogiri. "-now c'mon.. Let's go" he called, turning back to make sure the girl followed.

______________________________
Doing this instead of my homework
You're welcome