One

(Edited 1/21/19)
Katherine looked at her twin sister through the rearview mirror of her father's police cruiser with slight agitation. Katherine never wanted to move to Forks. She doesn't like small towns, it's too cramped for her. But why was she there? Because Bella guilt tripped her into doing so.

Katherine and Bella don't get along well all the time, they may be twins but are complete opposite's. While Bella was more like their father, Katherine was like her mother more or less.

"Your hair's longer." Charlie commented from behind the wheel his eyes glancing back at Bella. Katherine rolled her eyes and looked away to the window at the small shops in town. The car slowed down at the red light.

"I cut it the last time I saw you." Bella said from the back making Katherine let out a small huff.

"How are you Kat?" Charlie tried striking up a conversation with the other brunette who was playing with the ends of her hair that strayed passed her shoulders.

"I'm peachy." She said nonchalantly . Charlie nodded awkwardly before he started to drive once the light turned green.

-

Charlie pulled up in front of a two story house, painted white. Katherine stared at the house for a few moments, only getting out when she heard the other car doors opening.

Walking to the trunk Charlie grabbed as much as he could carry. Katherine hung her duffel on her shoulder and grabbed her backpack.

Inside the place was exactly as Katherine remembered it. A hint of a smiled played on her lips before it dissapeared at the sight of her sister who gave her a look. Bella walked up the stairs first with Charlie as she trailed behind them.

"I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom." Charlie stated.

"This'll be fun." Katherine sarcastically remarked before making a beeline to her old room as Charlie set down some bags of Katherine's bags by her door and put Bella's bags down in Bella's room.

Katherine's bedroom was the same as she left it only a tad modified. Her bed had new black sheets and white comforter along with two new pillows with black casing. Her walls were a lilac purple..the same color it was when she was a little girl. A new lamp was besides her bed hanging ever so slightly over it.

Katherine was startled by the floor creaking behind her as she looked back, her hand over her chest.

"Sorry." He mumbled an apology. She brushed it off.

"I hope you like the bed....stuff, sales lady picked it out."

"It's cool." She says, tossing her backpack on her bed and setting the duffel on the floor by her bed. Looking around again at her room, she took in the memories of her childhood. Old pictures she drew still hung on the wall ,a stuffed rabbit sat on her wooden desk.

Katherine picked it up before examining it. She used to carry it everywhere as a kid, it was a light shade of pink but now it was brownish and old and gross. Twisting her face in disgust she dropped it in the wastbasket besides the desk.

She ignored the honk and the talking outside so instead of investigating it she started to unpack.

-

Katherine dreaded this day. The first day at a new school with people who knew each other since they were kids and Katherine and her sister will be the outsiders.

'Perfect.' Katherine thought once she got into the ugly orange truck her sister got from Charlie as a homecoming present. Charlie claims it's for the both of them to share but Katherine didn't buy it. Charlie always favored Bella over her just as Renee favored Katherine over Bella so that's why Katherine didn't care when Bella practically rubbed the keys in her face.