CHPT5: Seldom a Coincidence

Jason's POV:

Air benders are peacekeepers apparently. Oh and fun fact they don't summon lightning. That's a fire bender thing. Great, I already stand out. Luckily I asked the question tactfully enough that I didn't reveal I could "lightning bend". We were just having dinner when a little bald kid who we met earlier, Milo, ran in.

"Emergency!" he yelled. "Emergency! War between Metal Dynasty and Zao Fu is immanent!"

"Air benders prepare to leave!" Tensen shouted over the growing noise. The others and I got up to leave when Tensen called us back, "Except you eight. Jason isn't trained and we don't need civilians in the way!"

"We are not civilians," Annabeth snapped. "All of us are seasoned warriors and we are going to help you. Like it or not."

With that we went to join the others. We rode air bison to Zao Fu. The Metal Clan city was amazing. Leo would love it here. We landed on a giant landing pad next to a ton of cars.

"What's up with them?" I asked Milo.

"They're nomads," Milo explained. "Just escaped the Metal Dynasty."

"Oh I see," I glanced about people were sitting in or on vehicles or on the ground all around the pad. "We are here to help these people?"

"We're here to help who ever needs us," Janora replied. "Get ready, Metal Dynasty's coming."

Leo's POV:

This was the worst nightmare I'd had in a while. There was fire everywhere. I was surrounded in it. Bathed in its searing heat.

"LEO!!!" A girl screamed. Below me, a blond boy with blue eyes and glasses, and a brunette girl with multi-colored eyes, were crying as they fell from the  sky. They were my friends, I think. I was close to them, loved them! Before I could react or help them something hit me. Pain scorched my every vein, pain clouded my mind and my sight went black. That's when it began. My vision became this intense green and it felt like a vine coiled itself around my spine. Painfully tightening its grip till I couldn't breath. My vision cleared some, but the edges stayed fogged. In front of me, was a girl, a very pretty girl with cinnamon hair. She was explaining something to me. I didn't understand. Everything faded black. I just want to escape fate and no longer be a puppet of the gods...

"Curse it boy! Didn't you leave some for me? I like a challenge!" A gruff voice called out of the dark. Who was that? He sounded... Familiar?

"Yo, Coach super goat, whatever you are- I just fell down the freaking Grand Canyon! Stop asking for challenges!" That was me! A younger me, I don't remember saying that.

"Don't know what 'demi' means, but I'm not feeling too godly. You guys feeling godly?" Me again, "Heck yeah, I got tricks take one more step and I'll destroy you with fire!"

"Shut up Valdez. I'm going to tell him. Get over it," That's the girl from earlier...

"Bro, if I get any closer, he'll spot us. Bronze dragon ain't exactly a stealth plane." Me again, Festus must have been with me. I'll have to ask him. "You want to drive this thing?"

"I have lightning and wind powers, Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her BMWs. You're no more a freak than we are." Ja-Jason? Jason. I think I remember... maybe.

"Oh, no, I am turning into a crazy dolphin." Frank! I know that was Frank!

"I tried to help you make better choices. You could have saved yourself. But you defied me at every step. You built your ship. You joined that foolish quest. Now you are trapped here, helpless, while the mortal world dies." My blood involuntarily boiled at this voice. All my instincts told me I hate her, yet at the same time something in me also twitched like iron fillings shifting towards a strong magnet.