CHPT13: Plans

Wun's POV:

How dare they! I am rightful sovereign of the Earth kingdom now that I have conquered Ba Sing Se. But they had the audacity to send the commoners from the city! Now I have the city, but no subjects and my men need people to wait upon them. Unfortunately there is no one here to preform that task! We had to go to the country side for servants to tend my men. I paced the throne room of my fancy new palace as I waited for news. My personal guards Falin and Gaishen stood to the sides of the throne, silent but carefully watching. They knew better than to try and stop my pacing while I was in this state. When finally news arrived it was better than I imagined. Commoners from the surrounding area outside the walls had been acquired and were working on helping the men. Half off the titanium from the destroyed air ships could be recovered and the process was underway. The nice thing about maintaining royalty had to be the wealthy supporters who had similar views to the cause and the money to endorse it. It had been determined that the people escaped through the tunnels under the city and were now all squished into Republic City. That was fine with me. If they wanted to be a republic so bad, they could be destroyed along with Republic City. It was perfect. The only thing that troubled me was that metal bender of theirs. Leo Valdez. That was a name I was likely to never forget. He singled-handedly decimated a quarter of my forces. Luckily I sent half to the other side of the city and they didn't even face combat. Still I wasn't certain what had happened. One moment Leo was fighting and winning, the next he stopped like he had vanished. It was confusing. Field reports said his body was not found. It was likely he was still alive. I couldn't consider it any other way until I had proof he was dead. This meant I needed to be prepared for him next time. I need powerful benders. I need more fire power than even that titanium bender can produce.

"Falin, Gaishen," I barked. "Send word to the maximum security prisons. Tell them I have an offer for their best benders. As the new ruler of the Earth Kingdom, I am willing to... discuss alternative methods of payment for their sentences the old regime would not consider."

Jason's POV:

To say that the crisis council was not happy to see us was an understatement. We sat quietly by the wall trying to blend into the wall paper as the important leaders went over plans for defending the city. I was certain some of the people in that room were considering ways to murder us without being noticed as they planned. To say tension was high would be putting the situation lightly. Woo assured all that we were in check when we arrived, but that only silenced them, not reassured them. Leo seemed back to his bright self. He wasn't quite the same. The number of jokes laced into his speech had decreased. He spoke a bit more with his hands. Occasionally he would get flirty with Mako. He'd make intelligent comments and point out practically undetectable flaws in the plan that not even Annabeth seemed to catch. In a lot of ways he'd changed, in many he hadn't. It was cool to watch the new Leo at work. That was when the white lotus guard burst in.

"Sorry to disturb," he began in a rush. "But our scouts have just informed us that Ba Sing Se has just sent to the prisons for benders to help their cause."

"That won't be popular with the populace," Leo frowned. "What kind of benders are they looking for?"

"Any one who is fairly powerful or ruthless," The guard replied.

"Wonderful," Riko grumbled. "Anything else we should know?"

"Yes," The guard continued. "Riots have sprung up all across the Earth Kingdom. Metal Dynasty has begun to use brutal force to suppress them. According to the scouts, it is becoming increasingly more violent all across the nation."

"So much for good news," Riko sighed. "You are dismissed. What's our next move."

"We can guess that the criminals are for suppressing the rioters," Tensen suggested. "That way the army can be used to take the city."

"Or it could be the opposite," Woo mused aloud. "Considering their success rate against Leo at Ba Sing Se, it wouldn't be unlike my cousin to change tactics when he noticed something wasn't working."

"If that's the case," Leo leaned forward on the table. "We should change tactics as well. Jason, Percy, can you two still summon a hurricane?"

"Uh yeah," Percy sassed. "What do you take us for, lazy?"

"Out of practice maybe," Leo grinned at us.

"Hey!" I complained. "We kept up with you well enough!"

"Sure you did," Leo returned his gaze to the map. "If Jason and Percy can cause a distraction at the outside wall maybe we can sneak into Ba Sing Se via the same tunnels the civilians used too escape and see about dethroning Wun."

"That could work," Woo agreed. "But what about the rioters? While you are doing that they are still being slaughtered."

"Where are the worst riots?" Korra asked.

"I'll get the report," Riko exited the crisis room.

"If I remember right," Korra began. "Piper and Hazel have some abilities that could aid significantly in stopping blood shed."

"We'd be happy to help," Hazel piped up. "Just tell us where to go."

"And Nico," Leo turned to our friend. "Do you think you could summon an army of undead in Ba Sing Se and around it to stop the Metal Dynasty army from going any where?"

"Likely," Nico approached the map. "If we could figure out where the army is camped that would be helpful."

"My air benders have collected that data," Tensen supplied. "But it seems Metal Dynasty has taken country folk into the city as slaves for the men. We don't want to kill them."

"I will order my undead not to kill, just knock unconscious," Nico shrugged. "Problem solved."

"Now for defending the city," Iroh began. "The Republic City troops will take the harbor and the city limit if the nomads can take the air."

"We can," Tensen affirmed.

"And Leo," Iroh truned to the mechanic. "What help will you need?"

"Team avatar for starters," Leo listed. "The seven, or at least Jason, Percy, Nico, Annabeth, and Frank since Hazel and Pipes are doing Riots, Festus, and someone who knows their way around Ba Sing Se. And no, it can't be Woo because he's too important. Sorry dude."

"I understand," Woo sighed. "Play keep away with the prince, it's fine."

"Wait I thought you were a King," Percy said.

"Well technically I am," Woo replied. "But I prefer not to be called that. At least until the republic is installed. I don't wish to rule anybody. It is out dated."

"I have the reports," Riko reentered the crisis room."There are five major riot centers and six smaller ones."

"Hmm, Hazel?" Leo scanned the names. "Can you shadow travel?"

And the serious planning began.