/ Neon Nights /

Monday
At the arcade

My cotton v-neck lay against the hard surface of that blue counter

Ice cream cone in my hand with my hair all over the place.

Vanilla bean flooding my tastebuds with the feeling of sunshine freedom.

It was Monday, the start of the first official week of summer.

And I was spending my afternoon lounging around town, with not a worry in the world.

My eyes blinded by beach sunshine and colorful streets......

Eyes that were now only looking up to see Summer Thompson's own furious green eyes boring into me.

"Thanks for ditching me last night," she said as she gave a small, little boy a token for the nearby game.

His eyes immediately fell upon mortal kombat, hidden in the corner.

Yikes.

Summer had successfully gotten herself a full-time job at NeonCade, the gaming gem of the west coast.

Or at least, that's what the front sign said.

However, this place was no gem in my opinion.

"I didn't ditch you. I was never gonna go to that summer kickoff party in the first place," I said as I sat up, my legs crossed in front of me, looking just as adolescent as the kid in the corner.

"Get your ass off the counter."

"Free will, free country."

"Yeah well I'm here making money because that shit isn't free so get off my counter."

"Asshole."

"Poor baby......"

Just as she said this, we watched a young couple try to disappear into the nearby storage room, the famous make out closet.

The looks they had on their faces thought they were getting away with it.

Ugh, they've gotta be kidding me.

"Please DO NOT make out in the storage closet. I see you over there Johnny Svezda," Summer yelled as she threw a token at his head.