/ Broken Teenage Hearts /

Wednesday
10:15 p.m.

"Summer!" my lips let out with a soft scream in concern as I leaned forward and ran to her

My legs carried me through the sand that covered my front yard without a second thought or any hint of hesitation as I made my way over to the brunette girl.........

With the lit cigarette and the overflowing eyes.

"Shhh, hey, hey.....what happened?" I asked Summer soothingly as I sat down next to her on that wooden porch with white paint scratched off of it on every inch.

My hand instinctively reached out and gently touched her shoulder, that being some indication to let her know that I was here........

That I was here now even though I knew I hadn't been when she came over here with some kind of hope and as some kind of shelter......

And she needed to know that I was that shelter.

Even though I'm a piece of shit when it comes to dishing out a wise word and a comforting hand.

"N-No I....fuck I shouldn't have come here. I-I'm sorry, I just....." she let out as her words struggled to find a voice through her tears and the sadness hidden behind them. "Y-You don't ne....need to deal with me...."

It hurt to hear her say the word sorry and express how she didn't feel worthy enough to have a reserved spot on this porch and a reserved place to call home after everything we've been through.

Since the year she had moved in next door to me, brunette pig tails, floral dresses, bright pink sunglasses and all.......

I had promised her that I'd be the one friend that she could always count on.

And this situation was nothing different.

In fact, something told me that this situation was worse than the others.

This situation was the one I had promised to help her avoid.

"Summer stop, you're not a burden to me. You know that."

"But I-I....I don't....."

"Summer please. Just tell me what happened....."

I could feel my heart break into a million different pieces when she looked up at me with those brown eyes that looked completely destroyed.