/ Cherry Coke /

Wednesday
10 a.m.

I could feel the summer sun hit my face through my crystal clear bedroom windows

The warmth hitting my eyelids and the sound of ocean waves crashing up against our shore waking me up.

Along with a downstairs yell from my dad.

"Vic, breakfast is getting cold! The day has started for everyone else!"

Jesus.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people force themselves to wake up early.

They all see it as a way to save daylight, but I only see it as a way to lose sleep.

"Mmm~," I groaned as I stretched my sore arms above my head, eyes squinted and closed while my long legs hit the end of my bed.

A bed that's always been too small and inconvenient for a lanky teenager like me.

A bed that still had my red and white striped comforter, wrinkled and stained, displayed across its creaky surface.

My pillows wreaking of salt, chlorine, and pure sunshine.

My brain still hadn't wrapped itself around the idea of another day.

And it hadn't woken up either as I looked around the mess that was my room......

Yawn after yawn escaping my lips as I desperately tried to block out my throbbing headache.

Vinyls and cassettes were scattered across almost every square inch, my blankets and pillows thrown everywhere, and wet swimsuits staining my rug with ocean water.

My room screamed lovesick teenage dirtbag.

But as soon as my eyes landed on that bubblegum leather jacket hanging off the end of my bed, I found myself losing sight of the rest of my room.

My headache dissolving somehow, almost like it was a single pill of Advil for me.

And a dopey smile making its way across my face as I fell back into my pillow, my mind sinking down into the soft fabric.......

And drifting back into memories of last night.

Memories that were filled with unorganized clothing racks, disco lights and starry night skies.......