/ Sunglasses At Night /

Unknown Location
9:00 p.m.

My Jeep tires skidded across pavement as I looked over to see Yuri messing with the radio

His eyes concentrated......

Crystal white teeth biting down on his cherry bottom lip softly......

"All this music sucks," he murmured as I tried to keep my eyes on the road, which were instructions that I always struggled with.

My ability to be so easily distracted being the reason I had been on the borderline for obtaining a god damn license.

But now, it was a serious issue.

Because I had Yuri Katsuki in the passenger seat of my god damn car.

"What are you? Some kind of music spokesperson?" I said as I slapped his hand away and turned the dial, wanting and needing some kind of tune.

And I didn't see what was so wrong with the current radio current.

"No actually. I just have good taste."

Pshh.

Asshole.

"Oh come on, what's wrong with Madonna?" her voice weaving with my words as Yuri looked at me, very unamused.

"The fact that she sounds like every other band on planet earth is what's wrong," he said as he faced me with crossed arms and wild, curly hair.

"She's not a band, she's just one person."

"Okay, music spokesperson."

I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I relaxed into the driver's seat, a little defeated.

"God, you're relentless. You know that?" I said as I tried to figure out what his next direction had been, completely forgetting.

"Ditto to you, Nikiforov."

We were quiet for a second as I admired the smile he gave me from the passenger seat....

Every single thing about it being unique, as if I had never seen a smile like that, and I hadn't.

Or maybe I had just never observed anyone else's smile the way I observed his.

All I knew is that it was a real one.

A real smile.