/ You're Invincible /

Thursday
9:45 p.m.

☆

I relaxed into the sand as I ignored the hazy sensation in my head, it slowly taking over as I watched the sunset completely fade into the ocean line and the moon rise.

And as I sat there, in the comfort of the bonfire heat and the summer air........

All I could do was hate myself for having neglecting all of my self control without even a second thought.

I had stopped counting after beer #2 and let intoxication grab ahold of me, like any stupid teenager would.

Especially the ones hiding deep in the fucking closet, with a deadly crush on the brown eyed "boy next door."

"Stupid son of a bitch," I cursed at myself.

"Come again, golden boy?"  came that smooth, caramel voice, making me practically jump off the sand, a blush flooding my cheeks and my eyes wide open.

Did I SERIOUSLY just say that out loud?

Holy shit.

"Uh, n-nothing! I was um, you know...." I could barely stutter out as Yuri looked at me with a coke can in his hand, confused.

"Caught up in self hatred again?" he said, a buzzed smirk on his face.

"You know me Katsuki. You know me," and my voice naturally drifted off, my eyes awkwardly shuffling from person to person as I avoided eye contact with only him, sitting back down in the sand.

"I shall join you, down your path of insecurity and detestation," he said calmly as I scooted over in the sand, getting nervous as he sat a little too close to me for comfort.

Here we go.

"I wouldn't go that far. Just a little upset that a certain someone dragged me to the beach and did not help in dragging me away from the ever present alcohol."

"Sounds like a you problem Vic," and he nudged me with his shoulder, my eyes finally looking up at him as I came face to face with that smile.

"Oh touché," nudging him back as the beer in my hand splashed onto my light denim jeans.

And it left my hand faster than it had gone to my lips.

"On that note, I'll take this off your hands," Yuri said cheekily as he took the bottle and threw it onto the sand. "Troublemaker."