/ Just Like The Movies /

Wednesday
5:30 p.m.

You know those moments in your life in which you don't think you could possibly explain the reason as to why they were happening?

Or why you were the one experiencing them?

Well.....

It was almost like I was unworthy, undeserving, and if you wanted to take it a step further with your vocabulary, I was god damn unqualified.

Of what was happening to me right now.

And I couldn't even put it into words.

I wouldn't ever be able to put it into words.

............

Because Yuri Katsuki was in my room.

My fucking room.

And he was wearing that distressed denim jacket that would some day give me a one-way ticket to the insane asylum.

"Madonna.....Depeche Mode.....Toto......Beach Boys..." his sweet like candy voice murmured through cigarette smoke as he flipped through vinyl after vinyl, his fingers running themselves across the shelf that they called home. "Of course, Beach Boys."

All I could do in response was roll my eyes at what I knew was gonna come out of his mouth next.

His cliché insults had started becoming more and more predictable as each summer day passed.

"Before you even think about insulting my music taste......"

"What? Oh, I would never!" and I swear even a toddler could have picked up on the amount of sarcasm in his voice when he said this.

I gave him a pout.

"You truly cannot appreciate The Beach Boys to their fullest potential until you have become one with the ocean," I said as I flopped down onto my bed with a sigh, my fingers dancing and reaching for Yuri's pack of Marlboros that he had tossed on my bed.

"I'm more of a Rat Pack kind of boy, Nikiforov. I think you know that by now."

And god, did I know.

Ever since that day down at the water, we had somehow, effortlessly and naturally, found a way to waste time together.

It was like we were drawn to each other by this mutual feeling or mutual bored attraction to hang out with each other.