Chapter 14•Alec and Kyrans Backstory

It's been a few days and my eyesight is back to normal, but now I'm afraid to leave the cave because I saw a skeleton army outside searching for me. There's no way I'm going out there! "Come on Funneh! We have to find the others!" Gold yells at me and I shake my head, refusing to go anywhere near the cave entrance. She then sighed at my childish actions and dragged me out. As we passed the cat carrier, I grabbed it. Alec and Kyran followed behind us. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Somehow it seemed the color was starting to return to the world a little bit, but I think it may be confused. The sky was dull red, the grass a dull purple, and a river was a dull orange. "Um... I'm going to ignore all of this and continue walking." I say and they all agree. We crossed the river over a grey log and made our way through the purple grass. As we were walking I rubbed the place the gash had been. It was completely healed but I'm sure I had a dark line running across the side of my head. After a while of walking, we stopped and took a break. I sat down beside Gold and the boys sat across from us. "So you guys have no idea where your siblings and foster parents are?" Kyran asked and Gold shook her head. I let Gold do all of the answering as I played with the kitten from the other morning. Then Alec asked an attention grabbing question. "So.. if these Jason and Jess people are your foster parents, where's your real parents? And how did you end up here?" He asked and I looked up from the kitten and at him. "A tornado... at our house and.. yeah... The zoo got us and we ran away with Jason and Jess. After a while a hole ended up in the way and we fell." I said and they nodded. "Well.. my parents, well, my mom left me and my little sister with Kyran and his family due to family problems I guess. Then Kyrans parents wound up murdered one morning and it was just us and our little siblings. [Pretend Kyran doesnt have like a million siblings, ok? Just Lucas XD] We were taken to foster care then chased away because we always ran off. One day while we were walking down the street a car decided to honk at us, which scared us and our secret was then out. The police caught our little siblings and gave them to the zoo and we had to run away. We couldn't get them. One day we weren't paying attention to our surroundings and now we're here." Alec explains. I nod and say nothing as I put the kitten back with the others and pick the carrier up. "We should get going! We need to find the others so I can give out kittens!" I say to lighten the mood, just the tiniest bit. They all smile and nod, then were off again.