Chpater 22]Closer Than We Thought

We trotted through the forest, new smells and sounds rushing into my ears and nose. We've been walking for a while, so I tried my voice again. "Where are we going?" I asked, and Jason looked up towards the sky. "I don't know, but were going as far as we can from civilization." He says and I nod. I feel drawn to the black wolf beside me, and walk closer. His head turns to me, but he continues walking. "Heya Alec. Excited? I am!" I tell him and he nods. "I am as well. This is our first wild moon, for heavens sake!" He says and I jump around as we walk. Then I freeze, my ears laying flat and my body stiffened as a hear a stick break next to me. It came from a bush that smelt of wolf. I growled as a black wolf emerged from the bush, it growling back at me. It strolled over to Jason and bared it's teeth. "You and your little pack are trespassing in Shadow Packs territory. I'm going to need you to leave, NOW." It said and I growled, Alec nudging me for me to be quiet. "You, pipsqueak, need to shut your trap." The wolf told me, and that really ticked me off. "I'll tell you, I'm not a pipsqueak! And also, no I will not shut my trap! I will keep my trap open for as long as I want!" I yelled just before it came over and knocked me off my feet. I lay there, half of me here and the rest, who knows where. Alec stepped in between me and the wolf, baring his teeth with his ears layed back. "Get away from her." Alec tells it and it backs off a little. "Heh.. protecting your future-" The wolf was cut off by Jason. "Shut.Up" Jason says while Jess stares at him intimidatingly. "Ohhh, heheheh... don't know yet, huh... well.. if your not gone by tomorrow sundown, you don't want to know what will happen." The wolf says as it slinks off into the darkness of the trees. Mysti comes bounding over to me and rubs her head on my nose. "Are you okay?" She asks and I nod. Alec comes over and nudges me to help me up, but then he freezes. I look at him confused and he shakes his head. We continue walking through the forest, saying not a word. Alec stays closer to me than usual, but I don't mind. Suddenly I begin to get dizzy, my vision fading as I fall. Then, my eyes closed..
~Flashback~
I sat on the highest hill I could get to with a certain redheaded boy. It was so high we could see the whole neighborhood. I looked over at Alec who was gazing at me, and I tilted my head. "What?" I asked and he shook his head. I saw a flicker of black in his eyes, but payed no mind to it. Suddenly, he bit me. Right on the back of my neck and I yelped. I fell limp into his lap when he let go. He looked down at me worriedly and sat me up. "A-are you okay? I don't know what came over me! I'm sorry!" He said frantically. I sat up and rubbed where he bit me. It didn't hurt much anymore. "I-its okay, let's go home. It's getting dark." I tell him and he nods. After that we say bye and go home.
~Later That night~
"How dare you allow your son to mark our daughter!" My dad yells at Alecs foster mom and dad. "How were we supposed to know he was going to?! We weren't there!" Alecs dad yells, Alec hiding behind him. It was late and everyone else was asleep. Me and my siblings in the car, watching them argue.  "You should have been watching him!" Mom yells at them. "Goodbye! We don't be coming back either!" My dad says as Mom and him get in the car. I look through to back window, tears running down my face as I watch Alecs sad face get smaller and smaller, then disappear...
~End Of Flashback~
I jumped up, only to hit someone in the head. I looked over and saw it was Alec, and everyone else was surrounding me. "A-are you okay?" Alec asked and I just smiled. He sounded a lot like the Alec from the flashback, and for some reason, it made me happy to know I found him again. I guess we're closer than we thought...