Chapter 24°Just Chapter 24

I groaned at my growling stomach. We've been searching for the others for a week now with no luck. We weren't very good hunters either. We survive off of a mouse, and if were lucky a rabbit, each day. I know were far away from the laboratory, but I have no idea how far away from home we were. "Heheh.. Draco... why are you screaming...now..." The sleeping wolf mumbles beside me. I've gained my energy back as well, so that's good. I stood up and stretched, then nudged Lunar with my snout. "Wake up Lunar. It's time to go." I say to her and she groans. "But Funnehhhh... why do we have to get up...? We don't even know where were goinggg..." She says and I sigh and sit down. "Thats true.. but we gotta try to make it back home. We'll catch a scent eventually." I tell her. "But.. We've been at it for weeks.. I'm so tired.." Lunar said and sits up. "This might be easier if we weren't in these forms.. ugh.."
[Authors Note]
This will be Lunars permanent wolf form because it's kawaii. ;3

"You right

"You right... how about this. We'll take the day off,  just for today. Then we'll get back to searching tomorrow. Deal?" I say and she looks at me and grins. "Deal!" She says as she curls up into a ball and closes her eyes. I look around and take in our surroundings. Never really noticed we were at a beach... It's kind of nice.. Then I hear something coming and duck and dive into our small shelter. "I know your out there somewhere.." A familiar voice says quietly. I see black and green fur at our entrance and poke my head out out of curiosity. I look up to see Draco. "D-Draco..?" I whisper and he glances back, his face full of confusion which soon turned to pure joy as he ran towards me and tackled me. "Ow..." I grumble and Draco apologizes and gets off. "I knew it! I knew you were okay!" He yells and Lunar stirs behind me. "Shhh, Its been a long week for her. But of course we are. We're pretty tough!" I say and he grins. "Where are the others..?" I asked and he looks down. "I.. I ran away..." He says and I gasp. "But why?" I ask and he sighs. "They all kept saying we'd find you one day, and they wouldn't go out and search at all because they said it was too dangerous! I couldn't just do nothing, so I went searching for you guys." He says and I smile. "Well I'm glad you did! You know the way back, right?" I ask and his ears flatten down. "I may have forgotten..." He says and my heart sinks just a bit. "Thank goodness I remembered." Said a voice from the bushes, and out came Alec. "Alec!" I yelled right as Draco yelled," Alec?!" "Yup, I couldn't let you go off on your own, so I followed you." He says and I smile at them both. "Well, I promised Lunar a day off, so let's go to sleep." I say and they nod. So we all go to the shelter and lay down in a pile, happy to have each other's company. Soon after Lunar walked over tiredly and lays down beside me, not noticing the two others. Soon after, we all fell asleep peacefully.