Chapter 9

"Where you found her?" Tawn asked Mike as he sat across from him. Tawn was the type of guy that looked out for his family, even though him and his brother was identical twins ,Tawn still acted as the big brother, he loved Mike. Mike was practically the only family he had besides his own.

"I didn't find her she found me." Mike said as he popped open his beer.

"I like her alot just knowing her for those five minutes she grew on me."

"Yea she's like that man. That girl heart is made of gold."

"She have fam?" Tawn asked.

"Naw she ain't got nobody, her parents died when she was seven, her grandpop's died as she was growing up, and her grandma just died a few months ago. The only family she got is myself. She had a bestfriend she grew up with but she on some other shit right na."

"Aww mane that's fucked up, how old is she?"

"She'll be twenty one on the fifteenth of this month. She was born a week after us." Mike laughed.

" Yea a week after us and on the same day as mom." Tawn looked at Mike as he lifted his eyebrows.

" Dawg to be honest I ain't even pay that any attention. I always use to celebrate mom's birthday every year by visiting her grave with balloons. I stopped it three years ago, that's why it didn't dawn on me." Mike said as he threw back his beer.

"Yea that's why I moved man, but do you like her? Is she here for you and not the money?" Tawn asked sitting up.

"Man she don't know shit about our family being a millionaire, I haven't told her that yet, but naw she ain't here for the money. To tell you a story, I met her through her gold digging friend Tara. I guess Passion had some bills that needed to be paid so Tara sneaky ass told her to fuck with me for the money. At first I was kinda pissed about it, but as the night went on she told me why she had done it. I respected her for that after that I tried to offer her a couple of grand she wouldn't even take it. I had to use that trick dad told us about when he first met mom, I leaned in like I was going to kiss her and slid the money in the door. Funny thing about it. She held on to that money for three weeks and gave it back to me not nan band was touched."

"Damn foreal, did she get the bills paid?"

"Nigga you know I paid every bill she had. I love that girl man, I'm about ready to leave the streets and settle down with her. I'ma leave all that shit to Dexter."

Mike wanted to leave the streets since the first day he met Passion. His mind was set on being with her and only her.

"Got damn nigga! I've been trying to have yo ass do that for along ass time. Yea she's a keeper. I know you want kids though."

"Yea I do, nigga I've been dreaming on that day to come, but if it ain't meant then God must didn't write that down in my book of life or hers. She's the one man."

"I'm thankful cause I swear every since mom past I've been praying asking God to send you someone like her. Someone who will make you do right by only doing a little. I knew she was that girl when I walked out the kitchen. I'm happy for you bro." Tawn said as he stood up and gave Mike a hug before sitting back down.

"Thanks man. It's highly appreciated. ! Enough about me though. What's up with you? Whatcha wanted to talk about?"

"Football man. I love it to death, but now since I have my son and my family is complete it's not what it is. I earned millions and I was born with millions we set. To be honest I only did it to keep me strong through mom's death, and I miss y'all like crazy."