chapter 19

Tara's POV

  "Dexter can you hand me Daijon's pacifier? " I asked as we sat in the living room.

"Is he sleeping?"

"Yea he just went to sleep, you wanna lay him down?" I watched as Dexter laid Daijon in his swing.

"He's getting big." Dexter said as he came to sit next to me.

"I know! His pictures came in today, they're so adorable."

"I'll look at them later I want to talk to you." Tara sat up and faced him. She knew what this was about.

"You know I love you Tara and you've been there for me when shit got rough. When it came to riding for a nigga you rode no questions asked. I'm not going to lie, when you left me that day I was pissed I wanted to kill you. It wasn't about the money or the drugs it was the hurt you caused when you left. I was in love with you and still is. When that rumor was going around saying that Bp was fucking you and Daijon could of been his I was pissed. That shit killed a nigga. I was thinking how could this girl have so much love for me if she's sleeping with the enemy? I tried to forget you, but something just wouldn't let that shit happen." My eyes watered as he finished I never wanted to hurt him I never wanted to cause him any pain. I love this man and I was going to do anything to prove it.

"Baby I'm sorry. Dexter I'm so sorry. I wanted to say something but I couldn't risk your life or anyone else's. Do I regret what I've done? No Do I regret how it played out? Yes because I never did it to hurt you. I never wanted you to question my love and loyalty. I love you so much that I put my life on the line for you. You and Daijon means the world to me. You and I know what I've been through. Passion don't even know half the shit I been through in my life time. That day you found me in that alley almost half dead , Dexter I will never forget that day because you didn't know me but you took me in and gave me shelter. You showed me love, eventhough you was tough I knew you had a soft side. Dexter you've done so much for me. I will never and I mean never betray you. You saved my life and I had to save yours. I love you and I will do anything for you. I'm sorry baby!" Dexter was my hero and I meant every word.

"Did you sleep with him while we were together? "

"No the only time we had sexual dealings was when he forced me too. Dexter I don't want no other man but you. You're my soul mate, you make me happy." I said as I grabbed his hand.

"Tara I love you too. That was some real shit you did for me,it was stupid but it was real. Now I see the things I do don't affect me but it affect everyone around me. I remember talking to Mike and he was telling me he was giving up the streets. I didn't understand why because the streets was all we knew but he told me it wasn't about him anymore he was living for Passion as well. I look at it now and I understand I have you and Daijon now money don't mean shit to me anymore. "

"Whatchu saying?"

"I'm throwing the towel in. I'm done with the streets. I have enough money to last us a life time. After hearing what you went through the streets was not worth it. I almost lost my everything over a few bucks" Dexter said grabbing my hand.

"You love me right?" He asked digging in his pocket.

"Yes I love you with everything in me."

"Well it's about time we do this thing right. I love you and you love me can't nothing come between us we've been at this shit for years so why not make you my "Gangsta Wife"

Dexter pulled out a small black box I was shocked.

"Dexter what's this?" I asked as he opened up the box.

"I know we both said that we didn't believe in that marriage shit but I love you and I wanna do this." Dexter took the ring out the box and got on one knee. My eyes where filled with tears.

"Tara Daniels will you Marry me?"

"Yes baby, Yes!" I cried as he slid the ring on my finger. I was officially his, the man that made me who I am, the man that saved my life, the man that gave me hope I was officially his.!

============================

Okay I had to give Dexter and Tara some spotlight! But as y'all can see Dexter and Tara have a long history! The next book I will be writing will be about them and only them. Anyway I hope Y'all enjoying this book! sorry for the wait! But enjoy as it goes on!

Oan: Tara and Dexter baby (Daijon) is in the multimedia!

#ExoticLuv♥