{five}

"You liked her hopelessTo walk around feeling unnoticedYou shoulda crowned her'Cause she's a goddessYou never got this"

To walk around feeling unnoticed
You shoulda crowned her
'Cause she's a goddess
You never got this"

"You liked her hopelessTo walk around feeling unnoticedYou shoulda crowned her'Cause she's a goddessYou never got this"

     Miguel grabbed my hand and led me towards his small group. When they heard our footsteps, they stopped their actions and watch us approach. I could feel their eyes drink in my appearance, assessing me with grace. They are all so intimidating.

Miguel and I stopped just a couple feet away from his group. To my reluctance, he released my hand and gave his friends a proper greeting. My gaze fell to each one of his friends. The girl from last night, Sabrina I believe, was waving at me. I sent her a forced smile before glancing to the boy beside her. Short curly hair tapered into a low fade clad only in honey skin and dazzling green eyes that compliment his skin tone. The boy next to him was a blonde with electric blue eyes. His slight surfer tan glorified his short slightly shaggy hair. They both, in unison, gave me a smile that shown friendliness. For that, I thank them.

It was a small group. And that's okay. The less people that had to pain me, the better.

"This is Lydia. Lydia, that's Noah," he pointed to the blonde boy. "And that's Corey. You already know Sabrina."

I nodded and waved at the group.

"Where's Stephan?" Miguel asked, his eyes narrowing and scoping the area for this 'Stephan' guy. Sure enough, a tall boy strikingly similar to Miguel makes a beeline to our group. His chestnut hair is short but disheveled on top. The light wash jean jacket he wears is covered in patches and holes. I can't tell from here, but the way the sun hits his face makes his eyes glimmer green. Just as the other guys, he's undeniably attractive.
No! Stop, Lydia. You can't do . . . that.

"Hey guys," Stephan said now standing beside Miguel. They give each other the classic bro hug and Stephan's green eyes narrow on me. I shrink at his stare and shuffle behind Miguel.

"Whose your new girl?" Stephan asks, craning his neck over Miguel's shoulder to gaze at me.

"This is Lydia. She's moved to Roseville a couple days ago."