{twenty-two}

"Spend my time worrying of broken promisesFocused on the smell of all the burnt out cigarettesMy thoughts play on repeatOnly comfort that I keep'Cause in a moment I will beSomething you will forget"

Focused on the smell of all the burnt out cigarettes
My thoughts play on repeat
Only comfort that I keep
'Cause in a moment I will be
Something you will forget"

"Spend my time worrying of broken promisesFocused on the smell of all the burnt out cigarettesMy thoughts play on repeatOnly comfort that I keep'Cause in a moment I will beSomething you will forget"

     Sabrina hands me a pack of Oreos in my hand. I pluck one out of the sleeve and plop it into my mouth. She giggles as I smile at her with a face full of Oreo.

Over the past two hours, we've either been watching movies or randomly chatting about anything that comes to mind. I've learned so much more about her than what meets the eye. She opened up about her depression and how it affects her daily, and her eating problem she's accumulated over time. It was only fair that I opened up about my story as well.

"Oh, Lydia. I'm so sorry about your mom," she says with saddened eyes. "She sounds like a lovely woman."

Rather than frowning at the thought of my mom, a smile graces my face. The thought of her still makes me sad, but proudness and love overtake all the negative thoughts. "She was. She would've loved you too!"

Sabrina smiles and pops an Oreo in her mouth. "What would she like more: my hyper personality or my unfiltered language?"

"Definitely both. She never judged a book by its cover."

We give the conversation one last smile, then turn back to Maze Runner. God, where has Sabrina been all my life. She's the perfect friend. She doesn't judge me, nor shame my negative thoughts. Instead, she makes me smile and turn the negative thoughts to positive. That, and I've never laughed so hard in my life.

"Hey," Sabrina says, grabbing my attention. I turn my head towards her. "How are you and Miguel?"

My eyes widen just a tab and my mouth separates agape. I try to form words, yet nothing manages to escape my mouth.

Sabrina raises her thick eyebrows, waiting impatiently for an answer.

I sigh and bite my lip. "What do you mean, 'how are we?'"