Reichenbach

It had been months since Sam or Cas had seen Grace, since she'd left Angel HQ after Metatron's tirade. The Army had left and so had she, but Cas only blamed himself. Dean was gone, masquerading with Crowley, in some last ditch effort to forget he had to kill his own sister.

"Hey, I think we've got a hit on Grace. Someone last said they saw a woman matching her description in Telluride, Colorado.

"Telluride? Why would she hide there?"

"If you wanna stay gone you hide in small towns, Cas. She's just better at hiding than most." Sam closed his laptop and grabbed his coat, "Looks like we're going to Colorado."

--

"Good morning, Olivia." Grace smiled at the elderly woman, "Good morning Missus Polz, what can I get for you today?"

"I'll have one of those raspberry scones, to go of course." The old woman smiled, Grace had come to love Missus Polz, she was so kind.

"Of course. So what are your plans for the day, Mrs. Polz?" she busied herself with picking out the nicest looking pastry they had from the display case and put it into the oven to warm it up.

"I'm just doing some shopping for my Grand-son's birthday, he's turning twelve you know." She smiled again, Andrew was such a sweet little boy, he and his mother would also come in on occasion. Grace fished a slice of Andrew's favorite cake out of the display too, "Give him this from me? Tell him Olivia says happy birthday."

"Of course, dear." With that she paid for her item and left as Grace put five dollars in the register for the slice of cake.

"Hello, Grace." Her eyes landed on someone she didn't want to see, "I thought I was pretty well off the Radar. How'd you find me?"

"Sam found you. I just followed the trail."

"Well, I wish you'd follow it right back to Lebanon, Cas." Hurt was clear on the angel's face, but pain was more evident on hers.

"Grace, I—"

"Olivia." He looked confused "I go by Olivia here, Olivia Sandel. I work in this Bakery and I know every customer who comes through that door. I'm not going Back, Castiel, not when all that's waiting for me is Lies and deceit."

"Olivia, can you put in a new try of Macadamia nut cookies? We're running low."

"Sure thing, Lindsay." She turned back to Castiel, "If you wanna talk, come back after my shift is done at 5."

"I could just wait here."

"No. I don't need you here as a distraction." The angel took the hint and left as Grace slid a few trays of cookies into the oven.

"I'll be back at 5."

"Whatever." Grace watched as he disappeared down the sidewalk to who knows where.

--

"All right Cas, you got 15 minutes. That's all I'm giving you." She had gone to wear he'd told her to meet him, some shabby bed and breakfast, but at least it had a nice air about it, everything in Telluride seemed to have a homey feel.

"Grace..." She turned to see Hannah "Was this a set up?" Castiel looked alarmed, "What?"

"A set up, Castiel. Did you bring me here to try and convince me to rejoin your cause?"

"Grace, that's not why either of us are here. We're here to keep you safe."

"Safe?" she scoffed, the idea was laughable, "Safe from what?"