5|Coven|

| Theo |

I was hoping to find my mate but I found her instead. The music and her voice echoed throughout the forest, drawing me in and calling out to me. If angels were real, they'd sound like her.

Yesterday at the forest, I thought she couldn't be more beautiful from when I first saw her but I was wrong. With the moonlight caressing her face, her voice filled with love and pain─at that moment, I thought that she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life. And I hated myself for thinking it.

I hated being that guy who finally found the one thing that was most important to me, the girl whom I was supposed to cherish till my last breath, and then having a silly attraction to another girl just because she was so beautiful... and hot.

Damn.

It took an enormous amount of self-control for me to not give in to her allure. That girl was seriously a living, breathing temptation.

"Theo," Malik called from the other side of the door. I shifted in my seat, clearing my thoughts.

"Come in."

Malik entered my private study with his usual stern expression. "The Spectulus result of the Ilwani twins were both five," he reported.

"Five," I repeated. "Is that powerful enough to have powers over the forest?" I asked, still brooding about the incident when I found my mate.

Malik sighed. "I've contacted Sergio like you asked and reported that incident. He said elemental magic is not being used much this days since it is considered impractical and depletes their mana easily. I also told him that we suspect the twins but when I called him again earlier and told him that the twins' results were five, he said it is highly unlikely that it is them."

I touched the silver band on my wrist and tugged it around while I contemplated about what Malik just said. Sergio was the Ilwani advisor of my father. He was the guild master of Scorpio and they have been loyal to our family even before I was born. He was also in charge of training our pack, making sure we were able to detect Ilwani magic even without the silver band. If he said that a five won't be able to handle elemental magic then it must be the truth.

"What were their names again?" I couldn't believe I just asked this now. I knew the other one but I still needed to know the name of her twin. Also, I didn't want my Beta to know that I met her last night.

"Nathalia and Cassandra Levina. The one you talked to in the parking lot was Nathalia," Malik said, eying me with curiosity.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows at Malik.

He shook his head. "Nothing, I just had a feeling that you fancy her."

"I just met my mate, for God sake," I said, clenching my jaw.

He shrugged. "I saw the way you looked at her."

"Like what?"

"Like you fancy her."

I growled, warning Malik not to push the topic any further. He bowed his head but I saw the smirk before he was able to hide it. "That's all I have to report, Alpha," he said and quietly left the room.

I closed my eyes and let myself think this through. My gut feeling was telling me that the attack in the forest and the twins were connected. But the facts told me otherwise.

'Malik,' I called him via mind-link.

'Theo.'

'Have someone follow the twins 24/7. If there's anything suspicious, report to me.'