22|Craving|

| Lia |

"Are you looking for me?"

Kagame studied the four of us through her lashes. Up close, she resembled an Asian porcelain doll, her skin so vibrant and smooth. Her hair was fully covering her forehead and was slightly longer on the sides. She had big round eyes with cafe au lait irises, defined further by the black eyeliner she wore with a cat-eye finish. Her cheeks had a lovely natural pink-tinge, her nose dainty, and her rosy glossed lips were small and luscious, contributing nicely to her overall beauty.

Cassy was the first one to recover. "Hi! I'm Cassy. This is my twin, Lia." She motioned her hand to me. "Lana and Princess Yllona." She pointed to the other two.

"Hi." I smiled and offered my hand, the surest way to know if she was what we were looking for.

Kagame's eyes wandered to my hand but she outright ignored it. Instead, she grabbed a rubber band from inside the pocket of her skirt and tied her hair in a flawless bun. I casually retrieved my hand and put it behind me, slightly embarrassed by her rejection.

"What do you need from me?" she asked, stepping away from the lake and sitting on a nearby bench where a bag, most probably hers, was waiting for her. She proceeded with untying the laces of her ice skates.

Lana finally spoke up, fixing a warm smile on her face, she introduced herself, "I am Lana George, Ilwani, a guild member of Aquarius. We need to talk to you in private." Lana extended her arm in greeting. I arched my brow to see if she would be successful. To my surprise, Kagame accepted Lana's hand, and her eyes slowly widened in surprise. Yllona was right, she was our girl.

Kagame jerked her hand back as if she touched a searing torch. She quickly pulled out a pair of sky blue doll shoes from her bag and slipped them on her feet. Tossing her skates unceremoniously inside her bag, she stood up and glared at us. "Do not go anywhere near me again. I don't want to be a part of this."

We watched as she disappeared into the Syren building.

"Now, what?" I asked, balking at our failure.

Lana slumped on the bench that was previously occupied by Kagame, looking flat out crestfallen. "She knows. Somehow, she is aware of the prophecy but she doesn't want anything to do with it."

"Then, let's convince her," Yllona said. "She must want something. We give it to her in exchange for her cooperation," she said as if it was all that simple.

Cassy placed her thumb in between her lips, not really biting it, but more on nibbling, something she usually did when thinking. "Let's look into her first. Find out all about those rumors you've said," she said looking at Yllona.

"That could work," interjected Lana. "Oh God, this is all making me thirsty." Lana stood up and looked at me and Cassy. "I've completed the renovation of the storehouse. Wanna check it out?"

"Sure, I've got nothing to do," I said then regarded Yllona. "You coming with us, Princess?"

She hesitated for a second before nodding. Together, the four of us traced our steps back to the parking area. We followed Lana to her red CRV. Before entering, we all watched Yllona glamour her wings, the edges disappearing in a dispersion effect, like millions of pixie dust eating it all away. It felt weird looking at her without her angelic wings but we were going to human territory so she needed to disguise them for a while.