32|Traitors|

| Lia |

"Crap!" I completely forgot the real reason why I was here. Scrambling to my feet, I winced from the soreness I felt in between my legs.

Theo zipped his pants and helped me up. Absent-mindedly touching the side of my neck where he marked me, I smiled sheepishly at him, my face flushing a beetroot red. To my astonishment, his face was flushed too and he was biting the corner of his lip. We both turned to the direction of the palace when another explosion occurred.

Oh damn, I got distracted.

Grabbing his hand and gazing into his eyes with a plea of my own, I confessed, "Theo, it's the Orion. We came here for your father. And they... sent me to distract you. I was gonna tell you, I swear, but things happened..." I blushed again, remembering the feel of him inside me.

He sighed. "We are aware of this attack. Guards were warned to be on full alert. But it seems like your guys must have slipped through. There must be a traitor within our ranks."

I averted my eyes, knowing exactly who the traitor is. To stall, I crouched down and picked up our damaged clothes, repairing his shirt with my magic and altering mine to a simple white shirt and comfortable trousers. I offered him his shirt.

"You know, don't you?" he asked, accepting the shirt.

Fully clothed, I chewed on my lower lip before nodding. I couldn't bring myself to mention Nik's name.

He cupped my chin and raised my head so I could meet his eyes. "Baby, can you tell them to halt the attacks? I will talk to father. I will convince him to agree for a sitdown."

Glancing at the explosions once again, I saw Lawins flying out from the palace, their wings hissing in the air, obviously not wanting to involve themselves with the ongoing dispute in the Lupus Kingdom.

Uncle Elias didn't believe that the King would entertain any kind of diplomacy. That was why he opted for a full frontal attack. But I would try. For Theo. "I will try to convince them," I said.

'Good.' He smiled.

I gasped in surprise. "Was that?"

'Yes. Our personal connection through the mark.'

"Wow. It's like having a new channel in my brain," I murmured.

"Yes, it is. I will go now and look for father." He paused and gazed at me with tenderness before pulling me into an embrace. He gave me a kiss on the top of my head before letting me go. "See you... mate." A teasing smile appeared on his face when he said the last word, his whole face brightening up.

Watching him saunter away, I sighed and tapped on my link with Cassy.

'Cassy, where are you? Theo said he'll talk to the King and convince him to have a discussion with us.'

'I should ask you that! You suddenly disappeared. And what? A discussion?' she asked, her voice sounding as if she was moving from place to place. I should definitely go to her and help them out.

'Yes! A sitdown is what he calls it.'

There was a pause before Cassy replied. 'I told Uncle Elias. He said fine. We're here at the south gate. Tell Theo we'll meet the King here.'

I couldn't tell her that Theo was already gone nor could I tell her that we... mated. Males were the only one who would be able to smell it on me, a reminder to stay away on a female mated wolf.

'Baby?' I tried the link, my stomach fluttering at my use of his endearment. It was a new feeling, one that certainly made my heart swell.

'I can get used to this. Hearing you in my head.'