6|Sushi|

| Lia |

My favorite place in the Mesina Academy was probably the cafeteria. The food was prepared buffet-style and every day it featured five different cuisines from five human countries.

There was also a chilled section with blood products for the Suuri, a veggies area for the vegetarian Lawin, and fresh and raw seafood for the Syren. I thought that the mermaids would despise eating one of their own but if you would think about it, sea creatures don't come to land to eat, they eat smaller fishes and plants in the ocean itself.

Today, I prayed for Asian food. And I was pretty sure that Ilwa loved me for rows of sushi, fried noodles, Thai curry soup, and others greeted me when we entered the cafeteria. My mouth instantly watered.

"Cassy, I freaking love this school!"

Cassy snorted. I left them and skipped happily to the food. Eagerly grabbing a plate, I filled it to the brim. I was part wolf so it was understandable that my appetite was huge. Speaking of which, I needed to let her out soon.

Done with choosing, I glanced around to see if Cassy and Lana had already picked a table. Thankfully, they had and was already starting to eat. I didn't realize that I took a long time getting my food. I was held up from choosing between two types of sushi but in the end, I just picked both.

"Wow, huge appetite today," Lana commented.

"Oh, that's her usual." Cassy snickered.

"Hey mind your own food, okay? A girl's got to eat," I told them, my words scrambled because I had food in my mouth.

"Did he go to school today?" I couldn't help but eavesdrop on the table next to us.

"Yes! I saw him! He's sooo handsome," moaned another.

"Look at that table of Lawins, 3'oclock." I returned my attention to Lana. I was a little bit hoping that the other girls were talking about my mate. Honestly, my wolf missed him. Okay fine, I missed him.

Just so they wouldn't notice that I got sidetracked, I followed Lana's line of vision.

"Do you see that girl with platinum blonde long braided hair?" Cassy and I nodded to Lana's question. The whole table revolved around the girl, others obviously vying for her attention. At her back was a combination of white and silver feathers, making her look like a real-life angel.

"That is King Hamaliel's third child, Princess Yllona. As you can see, she's really popular. We should watch her train sometime, you'll be amazed." Lana's voice was full of adoration.

Wow. A princess. I wondered what it felt like to have someone serve you at your beck and call.

Lana leaned back in her chair and locked eyes with mine. "Nathalia..."

I waved my hand at her. "You're my friend now, call me Lia."

Her face softened. "Lia, I think she's one of us."

"Wait, as in, in your coven?" Cassy asked, fully aware of everything Lana told me. "She's a princess! How could she be...like us?"

"That's what I was trying to find out for the last three years." Lana groaned in frustration. "But it's so hard to get close to her and besides I'm not really sure, I only had this feeling."

I sighed. "This is hard. Maybe we should try to find the council like what we originally planned, demand the names of the assassins and threaten them with our powers. There's three of us now. We can take them," I said confidently.