23|Airport|

| Lia |

"What are you doing in my room?" I demanded. Seriously, what is wrong with the security of this place?

I sniffed the air. Lupus.

He raised his head and when his eyes met mine, I found myself staring into a pair of beautiful silver orbs. There was something magnetic about it, like being pulled into an unending black hole. His eyes shifted to the side and in a flash, he was gone. My breath hitched when I saw a reflection from the window glass, a figure behind me with a sword raised and ready to strike.

I never imagined that today was the day that I would die. My thoughts went to Cassy. If I died, she would be left alone. I couldn't do that to her. And I needed to make sure that she was safe. So I ducked as fast as I could, the sword missing just a fraction of my head and cutting into the towel instead. I lost my balance and landed with a sharp thud on the floor, hip bone first, and I knew if I survived this that it would fucking bruise before it would heal.

The hooded figure reappeared, tackling the one with the sword on the ground. I realized he wasn't really gone and that he just moved fast enough for my eyes to see. His hood came off, freeing a mass of blonde hair. I switched my gaze from him and fixed it on the one who just tried to kill me. I gasped when I realized that it was a Lawin female. How the hell did a Lupus and Lawin trespassed in an Ilwani dorm?

My relief was immense when the Lupus guy successfully disarmed the girl─or woman, I couldn't tell exactly because both of them were wearing masks. I was inclined to take the side of the guy because clearly, he was protecting me. I shook off my initial surprise and decided to help. I aimed straight for the girl's arm with my vine, its thorns burying deep into her skin. She screamed in pain, her eyes going wild in panic. She grabbed something from behind her and in an instant, she evaporated into thin air.

I stared horrified at the space she was previously occupying. She used an Ilwani magic to escape, only proving that this was a planned assassination. It meant only one thing: the jig was up.

Standing up, the guy regarded me cooly. "Вы больше не в безопасности," he said.

"Speak English," I said although I understood what he meant.

"You're no longer safe here. Pack your bags, we're leaving the academy," he commanded.

I gasped. "My twin! I need to get her." I scrambled up to my feet and started for the door, forgetting that I was still in my towel.

He grabbed my arm and I scowled at him disapprovingly. "Let go. I need to warn my twin. I am thankful that you saved me but you also barged in here like a creep so you don't have any right to order me around."

"She is safe. We got to her first."

I paused. "You know where she is?"

"Yes."

I released a harsh breath before crossing my arms in front of my breasts and looked at him pointedly. "So, do you have any plans on telling me who you are?"

He removed his mask and revealed his whole face. Frowning, I reached for the light switch and switched it on to see him more clearly.

He was handsome, there's that. He had this Alexander Pettyfer look going on.

"You don't remember me?" he asked.

"Should I?" I fired back.

Sighing, he turned around and went to the window. "Get dressed and pack. I will wait for you in the forest exactly at the back of this building."